Lower Down the Car

Alexyyk

Hi,

I would like to lower down my car, my sales person recommended me to use ACS and get it done at PML so that still warranty. Need some advice if this is the case? Or I should do it outside as it is cheaper? Thanks.

Re: Lower Down the Car

nobody can help you if you don't even state what car you're driving!!

'The Great White'

Hi,

Mine is the 323i. PML has quoted me around S$1,500 with parts and labour cost. Any advice? Thanks.

Need more info.

1) E90 323 or E46 323? I suspect you have an E90 as ACS is the most common spring for it.
2) Are they just changing the springs to bring down the height of the car?
3) Or are they also changing the shocks to match your new spring rates?
4) What brand of springs are they changing to and are you certain the drop is enough for you? ACS springs do not drop an E90 by very much.

Some things you might not know:

1) Changing the spring without changing shocks to match will result in accelerated wear on your stock shocks.
2) Different brand of spring/shock combination will result in different ride quality and amount of height drop
3) Doing it in an outside workshop will definitely be cheaper than PML.

chickenbackside said:
Need more info.

1) E90 323 or E46 323? I suspect you have an E90 as ACS is the most common spring for it.
2) Are they just changing the springs to bring down the height of the car?
3) Or are they also changing the shocks to match your new spring rates?
4) What brand of springs are they changing to and are you certain the drop is enough for you? ACS springs do not drop an E90 by very much.

Some things you might not know:

1) Changing the spring without changing shocks to match will result in accelerated wear on your stock shocks.
2) Different brand of spring/shock combination will result in different ride quality and amount of height drop
3) Doing it in an outside workshop will definitely be cheaper than PML.

Very very well said!!!

:goodup:

'The Great White'

Alexyyk said:
Hi,

I would like to lower down my car, my sales person recommended me to use ACS and get it done at PML so that still warranty. Need some advice if this is the case? Or I should do it outside as it is cheaper? Thanks.

Hi Alexyyk,

I purchased the the Acs starter kit fr PML , they dropped it by 30mm Max & i find it looks decent enough on the gap.

They only changed the spring & remain stock shocks ...appreciate if anyone could shed some light on these combination( Wld it accelerate the wear on shocks or spring faster)?

im puzzled why didn't PML advise to change the Acs shocks as well,thanks guys!

adsnx said:
Hi Alexyyk,

I purchased the the Acs starter kit fr PML , they dropped it by 30mm Max & i find it looks decent enough on the gap.

They only changed the spring & remain stock shocks ...appreciate if anyone could shed some light on these combination( Wld it accelerate the wear on shocks or spring faster)?

im puzzled why didn't PML advise to change the Acs shocks as well,thanks guys!

Bro .. it will... and why PML never advise u to change??.. that's something you'll have to ask them. I say once ur shocks wear out, go get a decent set of coilovers. wun go wrong then... :)

:nehnehhh: it is beacuse the springs is the cheapest choice in lowering the car and the least cost .

they charge you $1500 - $500 = $1000 on labour + profit

:singsing:

KW sports suspensions ( complete suspension systems ) consist of

4 high-quality lowering springs
• 4 specially matched sports shock absorbers
, which have a shortened stroke and are adapted to suit the new conditions.

Retail from : S$1200 ( depends on makes / model of vehicle )

The KW sports suspensions range has been developed to supplement the well-known, individually applicable KW screw-adjustable suspension system.
The aim of this range is to use existing resources, expertise gleaned from Motorsport and direct access to top-quality materials, combined with a perfectly organized industrial production facility, to create complete, vehicle-specific suspension solutions. To create improved looks and handling characteristics, to match OEM quality, and to achieve an outstanding price/performance ratio. The resulting KW suspensions complete suspension system meets these high demands in terms of functionality, quality and price.

• Vehicle-specific development
• Optical and driving-dynamic improvements
• High-quality materials and the latest production
• Excellent price/performance ratio

The aim of the extensive raod tests is to achieve optimum interaction between the shock absorber/spring unit and to enable significant improvements in handling and road-holding. The sporty, hardmonised tuning delivers excellent road-holding and safety, without the uncompressing loss of residual comfort.

• high-quality springs with specially matched sports shock absorbers
• sports shock absorbers with shortened stroke
• optimum interaction between shock absorber / spring unit
• signifi cant improvement in handling and driveability
• sporty, harmonised tuning

KW suspensions lowering springs are suitable for reducing the height of the vehicle by up to 60 mm. In addition to the improved looks, the lowered centre of gravity contributes to increased agility and driving pleasure. Lowering springs up to 40 mm can be used with standard shock absorbers. In general, however, the use of sports shock absorbers is recommended, and is a compulsory requirement for any further lowering.

• lowering from 40 to 60 mm, including wedge shape
• lowered centre of gravity
• improved looks
• increased agility and driving pleasure
• OEM quality according to DIN ISO

All KW sports shock absorbers are developed and tuned specifically for their intended use. KW engineers use all the knowledge they have gained from suspension development and motorsport in order to find the perfect tuning in extensive road testing

The double-tube gas shock absorbers are generally equipped with hardened, chrome-plated piston rods, offering ideal protection against stone chips and corrosion. A new, innovative monoblock guide and seal package inccreases pressure resistance, reduces friction and hence promotes efficiency. The new, V-shaped shrink fit Teflon seals on the working pistons reduce to a minimum the losses due to friction, and guarantee an extremly temperature-resistant, durable shock absorber system. All KW sports shock absorbers are equipped with a rebound (shortened stroke), guaranteeing optimum stroke rations and ensuring that springs are pre-tensioned. A large proportion of the rear axle shock absorbers are equipped with spring plates that are adjustable by means of slots, enabling the height of the vehicle to be varied in 5 additional positions.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back