Lowering springs on Z4 E89

sable81

hi all,

i'm thinking of changing springs on my Z4 E89, will lowering springs (not considering coilovers due to price...) affect the dynamic suspension setting (i think it's the EDC) on the car?? a bit noob on this.

any recommended workshops to do this and any brands (H&R etc)??

hope someone can advise...thank u!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Lowering springs on Z4 E89

sable81;900908 said:
hi all,

i'm thinking of changing springs on my Z4 E89, will lowering springs (not considering coilovers due to price...) affect the dynamic suspension setting on the car?? a bit noob on this. hope someone can advise...

thank u!

Hi Sable,

long time no login???
what dynamic suspension? yours a S20i right thought you did mention?

* i have a friend already dekitted his lowest spring........ you keen to purchase it?
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;900911 said:
Hi Sable,

long time no login???
what dynamic suspension? yours a S20i right thought you did mention?

* i have a friend already dekitted his lowest spring........ you keen to purchase it?

hi ac323, yes long time no login...

yah my s20i has the electronic damper control rite? this is the one where i select the "sport" or "normal" mode? so change springs wont affect it at all?

how old ur fren's set? H&R?

sable81;900914 said:
hi ac323, yes long time no login...

yah my s20i has the electronic damper control rite? this is the one where i select the "sport" or "normal" mode? so change springs wont affect it at all?

how old ur fren's set? H&R?

Hi sable,

yes it wont affect the whatever sports mode.......
H&R.....

* 1 year old...usually spring wont go up lorry so fast....
cheeeeeeeeeeeers

about how much? can PM me? actually hope to do the installation today ...:)

any other recommended brands ah...?

sable81;901106 said:
about how much? can PM me? actually hope to do the installation today ...:)

any other recommended brands ah...?

Hi Sable,

today cant..........you so urgent???
will PM you

Sable

your aircon problem solve alr?

car lowered feeling, super nice, esp w corners

plus u can actually see the road

thanks to ac323 help me get a good set used coilovers

u should too

leonardlp;901229 said:
Sable

your aircon problem solve alr?

car lowered feeling, super nice, esp w corners

plus u can actually see the road

thanks to ac323 help me get a good set used coilovers

u should too

but sable say dont wanna spend too much thus getting lowering spring.............
but now got ST V1....... more affordable.............Johnski just got it installed plus BBK too

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

leonardlp-- yah cannot lower too much also if not will have problems parking in my house. air-con problem still acting up from time to time!! PML never solved the problem! :furious:

ac323 - replied ur PM...

sable81;901625 said:
leonardlp-- yah cannot lower too much also if not will have problems parking in my house. air-con problem still acting up from time to time!! PML never solved the problem! :furious:

ac323 - replied ur PM...

PM replied tooooooooooooooooo

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

sable81;901625 said:

ac323 - replied ur PM...

time to change house?

leonardlp;901847 said:
time to change house?

Good Idea..........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

sable81;901625 said:

ac323 - replied ur PM...

Air con still got problem? Had the same thing, replaced the whole unit.

Want to lower just lower! Don't care about humps. YOLO

cupholders - they told me they replaced the front air-con panel and still the problem occurs from time to time....if i had bought the Z4 after 1 Sept, i'd have a brand-new Z4 by now cos they cannot repair the problem...! ur aircon problem, izzit the air-con lights will flicker and then cannot switch on after that? wonder if it's the same cos my 20i is the first batch , ur 28i is also first batch?

leonardlp - can lower...but not too much. change house so car can fit in?? i not so rich...

ac323 - replied PM regarding springs...

sable81;901979 said:
cupholders - they told me they replaced the front air-con panel and still the problem occurs from time to time....if i had bought the Z4 after 1 Sept, i'd have a brand-new Z4 by now cos they cannot repair the problem...! ur aircon problem, izzit the air-con lights will flicker and then cannot switch on after that? wonder if it's the same cos my 20i is the first batch , ur 28i is also first batch?

leonardlp - can lower...but not too much. change house so car can fit in?? i not so rich...

ac323 - replied PM regarding springs...

Yup mine was one of the first batches. My flickered at first, then it stopped working. Worked perfectly after replacing the electrical unit. Hopefully it doesn't die on me again..

cupholders;902089 said:
Yup mine was one of the first batches. My flickered at first, then it stopped working. Worked perfectly after replacing the electrical unit. Hopefully it doesn't die on me again..

time to change car???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

cupholders;902133 said:
Times are bad. Sell the car and buy a bicycle.

sure why not.................. .................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

cupholders;902089 said:

how long did they take to replace the electrical unit? is it located at the front panel? they told me they replaced front panel where air-con is, hope they meant electrical unit. ..cos the problem still occurs from time to time...although much less than previously

sell car change bike, if its this kind of bike, then maybe...

audis-e-bike-wrthersee-concept_100390739_l.jpg

sable81;902296 said:
how long did they take to replace the electrical unit? is it located at the front panel? they told me they replaced front panel where air-con is, hope they meant electrical unit. ..cos the problem still occurs from time to time...although much less than previously

sell car change bike, if its this kind of bike, then maybe...

audis-e-bike-wrthersee-concept_100390739_l.jpg

ATAS.........got taste....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vl88baby

Latest posts