M3 head unit change?

clubace77

really new to the car... Harmon Kaddon unit suppose to an impressive unit but the cassette tape is a little embarrasing....

really need some suggestions here....

thanks~

Re: M3 head unit change?

Search the rest of the threads here. You can easily change it to an aftermarket headunit, speakers and amps. Get much better sound and performance out of the system. When you sell the car, just install back the original BMW cassette.

If you want to retain the OEM dash look and multi function steering controls, you can get a new BMW Business CD head unit with single CD front loading (instead of the cassette). Should be plug and play.

Have checked the other threads... in fact read till eyes red and sore.... :(

Just so much info... well the headunit looks so "built-in" that i can hardly imagine that it can be changed....

would appreciate if you can PM me some audio shops tat you recommend.... just looking for a simple set up.... most prob just head unit change unless my ears get itchy.... hehe

well I changed mine from cassette head unit to a Widescreen monitor with CD playback. It is all oem and plug & play...

the sound quality is much better than the 6-CD changer. but ofcourse after market is much much better. But require lots of modification which I don't want. I want it looks as original as possible.

the sound quality is much better than the 6-CD changer. Ofcourse after market is much much better. But require lots of modification and wire cutting which I don't want. I want it looks as original as possible.

Just a simple BMW Business CD head unit swap job, you can buy the unit from pml and get any of the ICE shop eg GH etc or workshop eg BVO, J4C to do the swap. Call them and ask.

m3magic said:
If you want to retain the OEM dash look and multi function steering controls, you can get a new BMW Business CD head unit with single CD front loading (instead of the cassette). Should be plug and play.

I have that, but still sound like crap if you ask me.

Of course... I really don't expect any improvement in sound quality of the Business CD over the standard unit. The only difference is that you get the convenience of a single disc player in the cabin itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back