Management Unit

Xavier888

Hi BMW Peers,

Is management unit value for money in terms of price compare to brand new?

Pardon me if my question is not easy to understand.

Feel free to share as much as possible base on your view.

Thanks
Best regard
Xavier

I assume u are referring to buying from PPSL. U need to know the price for the same brand new car to do a comparison. U also need to know if it is an older version. For eg, the 4 series is undergoing a facelift and the cars being sold will be pre-facelift. They aren't the cheapest (i have bot fm them once) but since they are part of PML, a better sense of security when buying.

$130k is list price? There is usually some overtrade when u buy new?

Assuming $130k is the price, then straight line depreciation is $13k per year over 10 years (think PARF is zero then). Assuming u can knock off $800 (conservative estimate) from the asking price, then the first year depreciation is absorbed by PPSL for a 5mth old car. Not great imo.

If there is overtrade, then the offer is even less compelling.

List price is $133k
Asked the overtrade price but it cant seems to meet the price that i can get it outside. The diff is almost $7 to $10k.

Pml i not too sure. But ppsl offer me 35k for a car that left with 4 years and 1mth. Which i manage to fetch higher price outside.

I think the term 'overtrade' is a marketing gimmick. Previously car salesman offered 10K overtrade. I told him not intending to sell my current ride, they still offer 10K off. In the end, I sold the current ride elsewhere for 5K more than their offer price, and final was 10K off + 5 K extra from selling to other dealer!

The overtrade is a mechanism (some say gimmick) to bring the list price down to the right selling price. While shopping for a new car, most ADs have a special promotion on overtrade...

Recently they quite sticky. My SE told me that if I don't sell my car separately, overtrade will not be offered.

In the end, I found a dealer which work back to back with them, so they no choice have to offer the overtrade...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downloadvn24h
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back