Michelin PS3

DriveAllDay

Just thought I'd share my experience with PS3 with fellow forum members -- hope this is useful to all considering a change.

Recently replaced my 3yr old Goodyear Eagle F1 with PS3 (both non run-flat). The difference was night and day.

1. Much better handling, especially in the wet
2. Better mileage
3. SOOO Much quieter -- didn't realise how noisy my car was prior to the change

All in all, extremely happy with the switch.

Re: Michelin PS3

care to share what is the tire size and how much you paid.

am considering PS3 for my 18" when current set due for change.

i'm currently on PS3 and it's a good tyre but i don't think they are considered quiet.

benji ben;684840 said:
i'm currently on PS3 and it's a good tyre but i don't think they are considered quiet.

TS is comparing with Eagle F1, which are famous for very noisy. So relatively PS3 will become very quiet.

Anyone using Dunlop Direzza Z1 star sports? How much? Thot of changing. Mine tyres going botak Liao. Thanks

DriveAllDay;684419 said:
Just thought I'd share my experience with PS3 with fellow forum members -- hope this is useful to all considering a change.

Recently replaced my 3yr old Goodyear Eagle F1 with PS3 (both non run-flat). The difference was night and day.

1. Much better handling, especially in the wet
2. Better mileage
3. SOOO Much quieter -- didn't realise how noisy my car was prior to the change

All in all, extremely happy with the switch.

Recently on ps3 nearly 15k mileage ... Quite a comfy ( cos compare to rft ) and quiet tyre compare to My previous nct 5 GY . But durability Wise I feel actually not as good as GY cos my rear tyre almost half gone Liao ... Maybe cos I usually travel long distance back to malacca and KL hi hi

Was yours the GY F1 or F1 Assym?? The F1 (with arrow-shaped threads) are damn noisy.

firehorse;684833 said:
care to share what is the tire size and how much you paid.

am considering PS3 for my 18" when current set due for change.

Hi

Mine was 18" and the damage was SGD1,200 for set of four.

detach8;685108 said:
Was yours the GY F1 or F1 Assym?? The F1 (with arrow-shaped threads) are damn noisy.

Can't remember but I think it was Assym. I think it got louder after three years on the road even though much of the thread remained...

hi, would like to ask how is the comfort in your opinion? Roughly the same or better? i'm on eagle f1 too...

Rev;685875 said:
hi, would like to ask how is the comfort in your opinion? Roughly the same or better? i'm on eagle f1 too...

It feels more comfy, but not much more so since the F1 was quite ok in that department to start with.

I was on PS3 previously, n i juz changed to yokohama advan sport 245/40/18, then somebody commented i made a wrong choice, so sad! Advan sport not good meh???

don't feel bad since you already changed it, good or not you can now feel for yourself.
your own review is better than just hear-say lah!

I am on Advan Sport for the last 30k mileage (believe the thread can still last another 20k or more) and so far so good even on heavy raining day (still give me good confident when going over pool of water @ 90kmh)

may be noise level not so good and definitely the price is steep wif the high Jap Yen.

DriveAllDay;685958 said:
It feels more comfy, but not much more so since the F1 was quite ok in that department to start with.

Thanks! Been thinkin to change once my tires worn... but price is a factor, haiz...

twinturbo168;685968 said:
I was on PS3 previously, n i juz changed to yokohama advan sport 245/40/18, then somebody commented i made a wrong choice, so sad! Advan sport not good meh???
dont regret, advan sport is also quite a good tyre, only problem is the noise and quailty still behind PS3

DriveAllDay;685812 said:
Can't remember but I think it was Assym. I think it got louder after three years on the road even though much of the thread remained...

that's weird since the Eagle F1 Assym is supposed to be a very quiet tyre. I know for sure the F1 (non- Assym with V shaped threads) were damn noisy tyres to start with so just making sure the comparison was with the right tyre. I'm also considering either Eagle F1 Assym or PS3 on my next tyre change.

I'm still on stock Pirelli Cinturato P7 Run-flats and I must say these are pretty decent new generation of run flats.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go88freevip
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back