MP3 capability on the e60?

jellyfish

Does anyone know if the e60 (Sept 05) production can be upgraded to play MP3 songs on the CD drive in the center console? I tried and the message showing up on the screen says "unrecognizable media" or something to that effect. According to a CSA I spoke to at Leng Kee, all 523i are not upgradeable to MP3 in Singapore. Sounded like another clueless technician......

Re: MP3 capability on the e60?

Nope... not possible, that is what I was told too! This headset don't seem to be able to playback MP3 recorded disc... strange!

Chris777 said:
Nope... not possible, that is what I was told too! This headset don't seem to be able to playback MP3 recorded disc... strange!

Yes, confirmed cannot.

PML try doing for me once on my E60 by loading the latest MP3 software. According to PML Kg Arang, they one or two older batch E60 (545) and its works. Maybe Ed Lee car can play?

Later, they check and informed me that our headset itself cannot read MP3 format file.:(

In the end, no choice but have to install audio aux

to play MP3s in a E60, you need the professional radio option. When you select radio eg. FM on your idrive you should see "all stations". If you have this, MP3 playback is possible with CIPv19 onwards. Also, the in dash CD player with pro radio is a CD-ROM

What a bummer! Thanks guys. Looks like I have to go the Aux Input route. Any idea how much that would cost from our friendly stealership?

I don't think the head unit can play MP3. However, I know that the Alpine 701 digital processor has an input jack for an MP3 player. If you have an ipod, you need to buy an input jack from Apple linking the processor to the MP3 player and you are off!

In the middle of 2007 there will be a CD changer available for the E60 (just like the E90) that you can install in the E360 to support playing of MP3s. Search on google for BMW MP3 Cd changer for info

ambishop;176148 said:
In the middle of 2007 there will be a CD changer available for the E60 (just like the E90) that you can install in the E360 to support playing of MP3s. Search on google for BMW MP3 Cd changer for info

Anyone knows if the new 523i LCI FL has MP3 playing capability? :confused:
CD MP3 or USB thumbdrive or IPOD? .........Thnx.

I think the newer cars' main CD deck can play MP3 format media... Mine's a Oct 05 production and only the main CD deck will read MP3, the changer does not have this function.

I have read somewhere that from a certain production date, the cars will be able to play MP3 media...

I am pretty sure the new cars can play MP3....

On the AUX-IN note, I had to separately install this. It cost $300 and includes a ECU/i-Drive Flash..... Half a day's job....

kinggo;203868 said:
Anyone knows if the new 523i LCI FL has MP3 playing capability? :confused:
CD MP3 or USB thumbdrive or IPOD? .........Thnx.

I can confirm that the 523 LCI can play CD MP3 through the single-slot CD drive on the centre console.

TheNew7;203882 said:
I think the newer cars' main CD deck can play MP3 format media... Mine's a Oct 05 production and only the main CD deck will read MP3, the changer does not have this function.

I have read somewhere that from a certain production date, the cars will be able to play MP3 media...

I am pretty sure the new cars can play MP3....

On the AUX-IN note, I had to separately install this. It cost $300 and includes a ECU/i-Drive Flash..... Half a day's job....

Thanks for the info :)

Asked sales agent and he says the AUX-IN is included in the FL model. I don't suppose the AUX-IN can read song titles that can be selected via i-drive, can it?

I was hoping they had the USB input as well but looks like no. Anyway, l'll be happy if the main CD can play MP3 and select songs via i-drive.

TheNew7;203882 said:

I had my aux done sometime back by Mile but never used it. Now I am trying to hook it up but does not seem to work. I used a male-male audio jack between the aux-in and the Creative mp3 player, rotate the idrive to Aux but no sound. I suspect aux not installed properly ? Did i do it correctly? Or the jack needs to be special type?

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back