My Dialogue with PML CSA

junsher

Hi all...

I collected my 2006 e60 523 after a engine oil measurement test and the CSA who attended was ridiculously absurb!!!

Background: PML tool my car in in June for an engine overhaul due to engine oil sludge. Milleage was 32k km at that time. Starting in Aug till i send my car in for a check, the OBC prompted a total of 3 times time to top up a litre of engine oil..so.. total 3 litres! today... my milleage was 39k km.(no visible leak)

CSA: mr tan, ur report is out.

Me: is it good news or bad news?

CSA: its good news! we have tested and shows ur engines fine. Initial measurement was 6.5ccm and total lost of engine oil was 0.16ccm. as per my handbook... the max lost of 0.7/ 1000km is fine. so ur car is measure at such... no problem at all!

Me: then how come i was told to top up engine oil for 3 times, its definitely not normal

CSA: mr tan, as u know this engine is operating at very high tem of 102-140degree celcius, its normal for engine oil to evaporate.

Me: what oil do u put in to my engine?

CSA: 30W/40

Me: this is my fourth BMW and i have nvr encounter such case b4... my previous ride is a e39 2.2litre engine and im sure the engine operate at similar temp and how come i dun get such problem

CSA: for that engine im not sure! Let me show u my handbook!

Me: Base on what u have show seems like my engine is normal but am i ask to top up the oil. where has the engine oil evaporated to? was is fresh engine that u guys conducted the test?

CSA: no! its ur old oil.

Me: i believe its not fair to conduct the test as i believe there are residue for the burnt 3 litres oil intially. if u need new oil, im willing to pay for it.

CSA: that, i cant comment! base on my spec ur engine is normal. it could be becos of hard driving or long idling...

Me: btw, i dun sleep in my car, i do most highway driving.. assuming i do hard driving is it normal..?

CSA: i cant comment on that.

Me: so are you telling me losing 3litre of oil in 7000km within 2months is normal?

CSA: yes sir

Me: i know u r following procedure and doing ur job. but if this is your car, i believe u will find it abnormal right?

CSA: silence........

Me: in that case i think i gotta write in to BMW for a second opinion...

CSA: look at me... stunt

Me: can i have a copy of the report and i will write in and i believe they can help me/

CSA: that depends if they can help you, after one round, it will still come back to us. I will feedback on ur behalf

Me; please give me a copy and i prefer to write in myself

CSA: hang on...(as he walk into CS mgr room)

5mins later... he walk out

CSA: SIR, i believe the technical team needs to do more calculation on the report... the info i presented was wrong and need to seek technical team opinion.

Me: so wat we discuss was fruitless...?

CSA: yes sir... i will give you a call once the report is finalised on fri. sorry for the inconvenience..

Me: so now there is problem ya...

CSA: silence.....

Bros out there... can anyone shed some light to what could be happening to my engine?

Re: My Dialogue with PML CSA

something might be leaking..i wont trust pml on this one...as they feel its very normal that the engine eat oil... its damn wtf

get BVO or BOSS to check it out

i think u r quite unlikely to have gotten an inexperience. this CSA does not seem to know his stuff. try asking for senior CSA's hen u make appointments. if u wan i can reccomend u mine. been using him since i got the car.

go asked them checked your oil sensor.

bro slater, who is ur adviser? need to know some who knows his stuff...

i actually ask him since eating up 3 litres of oil is my engine is normal... y bother to do the test in the 1st place, there wont be anything wrong for PML to rectify

his answer: u just need to confirmed what u said is true...

junsher;492630 said:
bro slater, who is ur adviser? need to know some who knows his stuff...

i actually ask him since eating up 3 litres of oil is my engine is normal... y bother to do the test in the 1st place, there wont be anything wrong for PML to rectify

his answer: u just need to confirmed what u said is true...
PM sent

i have a bad feeling bout this. if every1 starts looking for him sooner or later hes gonna quit from being overworked. haha

I believe your engine is the N52 type and same with mine, it really eats up engine oil. I had the same frustration as you when I was asked to top up my engine oil too frequently. After finding out that this series of engines 'eat' oil and nothing else is damaged in the process, I now 'happily' top up engine oil cause the engine performs great, even after 73k km. So I'm quite pleased...

thanks slater...

guess will wait for the report and see whats going wrong... this engine is thirsty.

Definitely smell a rat. Doesn't hurt to get a second opinion from Boss if convenient.

ACS6;492701 said:
Definitely smell a rat. Doesn't hurt to get a second opinion from Boss if convenient.

+1

it won't hurt to check with other workshop out there about your problem. it may give you a better idea.

TheNew7;492633 said:
I believe your engine is the N52 type and same with mine, it really eats up engine oil. I had the same frustration as you when I was asked to top up my engine oil too frequently. After finding out that this series of engines 'eat' oil and nothing else is damaged in the process, I now 'happily' top up engine oil cause the engine performs great, even after 73k km. So I'm quite pleased...
Hey the New7- how's it going?

I have the same issue. 1 litre of oil every 7,000 to 8,000 kms and I have just come to accept that is "normal". I have now done 78k and the engine is really top notch. I changed my battery for the first time the other day and PML was surprised it lasted virtually 4 years. 2 years is common, 3 years pretty good, but 4 years exceptional.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gg777orgph

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back