My first Cherry Shrimp tank ... in a Lumi-Q tank

gerries

Banned.
Hi,

My first attempt on a mini planted tank (205 mm length x 205 mm width x 230 mm height) for my shrimp tank in my office. Just bought 5 Sakura Cherry Shrimps, hope they will multiply.

lumiq-2web.jpg

Tank varies from $150 - $199 depending on which Aquarium Shop (Sam Yick Aquarium retails at $199), a bag of black sand $15, mini Nana on wood $5, Java moss on lava rock $5-$7 each. Sakura shrimps 5 pieces about $8.

The reason I wanted to keep shrimp is that my office is damn cold (ha save $ on chiller).

thingsforshrimptank.jpg

I have contacted the manufacture of this tank today, and able to get collect the tanks in orders of 5 pieces at $135 each (a deposit of $30 is needed) as they liked my photos of my new set-up.
Lastly, I am not a commerical agent or distributor, just someone who like to share this hobby and lobang!

lumiqshrimp.jpg

Lastly, watch the Official video of Lumi'Q tank at http://youtu.be/LliSCXda9zY

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My first Cherry Shrimp tank ... in a Lumi-Q tank

bro, any info on the lumi tank?

As requested bro Centurion9990 here's more detail, downloaded from the web.

The filtration is an under gravel, attached to a small pump that is powered from the cover. Very compact, I like the iPod control for various lights, and at night the blue light can be turn on as night light. Best for small fishes like killifish or shrimps. I have personally set up 4 pieces in my office. very low maintenance as my water is still crystal clear after 6 months.

lumiq_spec.jpg

here is mine:

[video=youtube;tVDM079C1D4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVDM079C1D4[/video]

Hey, I like the dangling balls, what methods did you use?

they r jusy floating plastic n netted down with ferns. fighing line n weighted in the substrate with fishing weights

I just retired mine after 3 years...Cherry are easier than CRS...CRS need lower temp...

yes, CRS looks nice and cute! I can't imagine paying so much money for a single shrimp, when my wife say with that $, can get good big tiger prawns for steamboat! I keep Sakura (Clementi Fish Shop at Blk 328 has very chilli red ones, 5 pieces for Eight Dollars). My first 5 produced over 80 pieces, which I gave away when bro bought the new tanks from me. Haha I chose several pregnant ones!

Ya...that's right...Cherries multiply fast...make sure you dont mix with others....that was my mistake and the rest down the line becomes very faded..

how do you guys keep the temperature so low, other than the fact you rely on the air con in the office? Sometimes, I wonder what the temp will be during the weekends when the aircon is off...

no a/c tank temp about 26-27 for me. shaded place in the house. no direct sunlight pls. hardiest shrimps r the yamatos. they r thugs.

totoseow;915811 said:
no a/c tank temp about 26-27 for me. shaded place in the house. no direct sunlight pls. hardiest shrimps r the yamatos. they r thugs.

had yamato before.. Bloody survivors... Ate my plants and murdered my puffer fishes

well, they are scavengers mah....Cherry's ok with slightly high temp but CRS will not survive long...

Ya I agree. CRS absolutely needs a chiller.

Water change is also an important factor and should be done regularly on a weekly basis

Hi bro, I am gonna post my Arowana Tank to share, haha! Also a cube 4 ft x 4 ft x 4 ft

n707jt;916758 said:
Ya I agree. CRS absolutely needs a chiller.

Water change is also an important factor and should be done regularly on a weekly basis

awaiting ur arowana tank pics..

Just got 10 Rili shrimps for my tank today. Advised all bros here to go for it as they are as hardy as cherry shrimp.

I call it the poorman's CRS.

My 78 cm cube corner tank using an internal juwel filtration unit, very low maintenance, and water is always kept crystal clear. Enjoy. My aro is an Red Tail Gold Arowana King, a King has a broader body and head.

[video=youtube_share;RjMym71qY98]http://youtu.be/RjMym71qY98[/video]

Ahwing;916902 said:
awaiting ur arowana tank pics..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xin888site1

Latest posts