My V-kool not 'thick' enough

Ahbengdriver

Legendary 10 Years
Hiadees,

As a law abiding citizen, my v-kool complies with LTA rules but there is a problemato. on hot day, the sun rays penetrate the cabin n driver/front passenger arms get roasted.

So I need to use a darker version for front windows? Any recco?:)

Re: My V-kool not 'thick' enough

Darker version means no longer law abiding liao la....

I did mine at cool n lite, non law abiding type. If get caught, fine $100 I think, then change back to lighter tint also at about $100. IMHO, it's worth the risk *touch wood!*

715;404382 said:
Darker version means no longer law abiding liao la....

I did mine at cool n lite, non law abiding type. If get caught, fine $100 I think, then change back to lighter tint also at about $100. IMHO, it's worth the risk *touch wood!*

can I know how much light penetration in front? 50%?

The law is front 70% and rear 25% light penetration. For my case, only my front windscreen is 70%, the rest are all 25%. I did the same for both my cars.

A few months read.. read somewhere may be Straits times or New paper that some Singaporeans entered Malaysia kena summon or something like that as their law is stricter and our rear 25 percent is totally unacceptable...

Later ... someone says OK for Singapore cars ... SO are WE safe to go into Malaysia or they can summon us? or worse.. take it as an excuse to impound our ride?

Can they impound our ride? even if we want to make summon payment.. Any comments, here?

715;404411 said:
The law is front 70% and rear 25% light penetration. For my case, only my front windscreen is 70%, the rest are all 25%. I did the same for both my cars.

Ah Lian;404464 said:
A few months read.. read somewhere may be Straits times or New paper that some Singaporeans entered Malaysia kena summon or something like that as their law is stricter and our rear 25 percent is totally unacceptable...

Later ... someone says OK for Singapore cars ... SO are WE safe to go into Malaysia or they can summon us? or worse.. take it as an excuse to impound our ride?

Can they impound our ride? even if we want to make summon payment.. Any comments, here?

Well... they have 1001 ways to find trouble with you if they want to. So far didn't drive into JB with my car yet so don't know whether will kena or not. If suay suay kena, the best thing to do is to try to talk to them nicely and I'm sure you will be able to get away with it somehow...

Ah Lian;404464 said:

Ah Lian Hiabuay,
Those are stupid reasons/excuses. Everything can be settled on the spot.

MY43.JPG

Wow... looking at today's papers, it looks like they are going to come after we non-law abiding citizens....@#&%^$R*@&$(

BTW, Happy 2009 to all bros and sis here!!!

After reading the news article today, I think my V-kool is quite ok. kekeke

Well, you can always wear a long sleeve shirt or windbreaker and cap to shade from the sun rays :)
BMW air-con can be pretty cold.

Its not usually the darkness of the tint but the amt of UV light that it can reflect. U should check that out 1st before deciding on the darknessof the tint.

BTW, whats a good price for tinting an SUV, take fro instance an X6? Legal manner of course, 70% for fronts and 25% for rear.

Hi all E90s Owners,
Do you have scratches on both rear-windows after installing solar films?
How to claim warranty (near to 3 years now)?

raylee;489809 said:
Hi all E90s Owners,
Do you have scratches on both rear-windows after installing solar films?
How to claim warranty (near to 3 years now)?
hi ray. its common across all E90's. the rubber strip along the windows r pretty tight. coupled by the fact that there might be dirt or dust particles trapped between rubber and window. hence when u wind the window up and down it causes light scratches.

who is ur solar film installer? mine came with 7 yrs warranty and it might be worth a try claiming once. the fault lies with the tightness of the rubber and not the film. it might be a little diffcult claiming a new set of film from them. but most of them willing to give it to u as a one off for goodwill. no point going back to PML as it has got nothing to do with them.

mine is 25% all round..kanna summon is $70..ask me how I know..letter from LTA just arrived..registered mail somemore..hahaha..

taizi_dominic;490084 said:
mine is 25% all round..kanna summon is $70..ask me how I know..letter from LTA just arrived..registered mail somemore..hahaha..
u mean u were parked somewhere and kena LTA letter or went inspection then kena?

Not sure if mata also got KPI or what cos I saw some who close na eye on some cars with dark solar films

never seen mata catching coz of dark tints unless hes very desperate. more likely to kena when go LTA inspection

that's my observation too, sometimes they would even come close u and smile

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
c9tayanet

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back