N52B25 upgrades

Re: N52B25 upgrades

Hello Chesterchong, Would like to ask if the feel of extra torquiness is due to the performance turning, or is it due mostly to the throttle remap? Are you using Map 7 - throttle map off?

chesterchong;512051 said:
hey guys, i actually tried the v1.2 update on my car after installing the powerbox, and honestly, the difference is quite significant. car feels much more torquey, on the low end theres a huge improvement and of course pick up feels faster too.. :) can't wait to do another dyno run on this new chip.. hehe..

this upgrade is a must for all N52 engines man! :)

good buy, and of course, thanks to BOSS motorsports that have shown such wonderful commitment to their customers. :)

according to BOSS, they say it is just the throttle remap. but i personally feel that there might be some increase in torque.. hahas who knows? must go do dyno

Over-all this upgrade was great....................

vroom vroom
cheers

turbo can be done on any car. for supercharger check out arma. doesnt mean magnesium block that means everything also cannot do, as long as you dont boost to high it shld be fine.
think about the number of vios and lancers that are turbocharged their engines are fine if you get a good tuner

All I can say to N52s wishing to go forced induction is "Good Luck." You're gonna need it from what I've seen.

I've got a customer who installed an ARMA charger kit and is having issues to no end. They are from Taiwan and their blowers lack durability to say the least.

fuzzy;516350 said:
All I can say to N52s wishing to go forced induction is "Good Luck." You're gonna need it from what I've seen.

I've got a customer who installed an ARMA charger kit and is having issues to no end. They are from Taiwan and their blowers lack durability to say the least.

Totally agreed..................

cheers

jerr87;516314 said:
turbo can be done on any car. for supercharger check out arma. doesnt mean magnesium block that means everything also cannot do, as long as you dont boost to high it shld be fine.
think about the number of vios and lancers that are turbocharged their engines are fine if you get a good tuner

mate what's your ride? can you experiment on yours for a good duration and give us "realFRs"? :woottt::chinese:

Deadkookaburra;516372 said:
mate what's your ride? can you experiment on yours for a good duration and give us "realFRs"? :woottt::chinese:

well im past that stage already, after turbocharging my 2 previous NA rides.
its always first car mod mod mod throw away as much as half the price of the car on modding-> second car onwards you learnt alot alr u know what u wanna do and dive directly into the mods that you want-> later wanna slow down so get a relac car-> midlife crisis fast car??? (dunnoe well im still 10 years away from that)

i wouldnt mind experimenting the arma blower on my bmw if you sponsered me though:shakemyb:

fuzzy;516350 said:

ac323;516357 said:
Totally agreed..................

cheers

just throwing my opinion out there ya? normally ppl at this price point(3series), if they wanted a fast car would have gone for smthing else like evo alr, and i dare say many here mod goondus, not that im an expert but im just sharing what i know and giving ts some encouragement since everyone is pouring cold water on him

of course to mod an NA there too many components that need to be changed as such the likelyhood of having problems is greater that why it is very very important to have an excellent workshop that is dedicated and knows their stuff who doesnt just bolt on the stuff and there you go.
for NA cars you have to worry about the oil return line where a hole has to be tapped in the oil sump which is a potential leak source. the turbo oil feed line e normal ws will just use a t-tap from the sensors which is suspectible to breakage also. problems areas include charge pipes leaking or blowing off/ manifold cracking etc etc. im not very versed in the N52 only K20 so i cant advise much on this specific block.
but for k20 its an open block which cant sustain high boost. generally the concepts are the same though. if ur afraid the "lousy" magnesium block cannot tahan simple just the block for sleeving, upgrade the crankshaft conrods pistons etc. auto transmission also no problem last time i purchased a second hand trans from USA and customised it there, custom high stall converter, clutch packs etc u wanna make it bullet proof also no problem (go see ipt racing transmissions)

TS if ur serious about forced induction and gaining intimate knowledge on ur ride i suggest u go check out evo forums of k20a.org the people have much much more technical knowledge than the general population here who (are great at tcss and ot-ing so such a great degree it always provides a good laugh at their replies!) just pay for expensive branded mods without knowing much about it but of cos thats safer but is very limited, i mean even for the n54 there isint a branded turbo upgrade yet right?(correct me if im wrong)

Last edited by a moderator:

jerr87;516430 said:
TS if ur serious about forced induction and gaining intimate knowledge on ur ride i suggest u go check out evo forums of k20a.org the people have much much more technical knowledge than the general population here who (are great at tcss and ot-ing so such a great degree it always provides a good laugh at their replies!)

Oh dude u r so asking for it :woottt::woottt:

jerr87;516434 said:
if u feel offended u must be one of them:shhhh:

Hahahaha... if i felt offended i wouldnt have just wrote what i did... :lol2::lol2::lol2:

For reference
jerr87;516430 said:
TS if ur serious about forced induction and gaining intimate knowledge on ur ride i suggest u go check out evo forums of k20a.org the people have much much more technical knowledge than the general population here who (are great at tcss and ot-ing so such a great degree it always provides a good laugh at their replies!)

Contemplating throwing a qns on juicebox or pairing a mac mini with idrive at this so called evo forum k20 shit.... wonder what reply i will get... aiya dun waste time la...
rather than sit here and STIR kopi, i making my way to KPO :lol2::lol2::lol2:

Carcinogenic;516439 said:
Contemplating throwing a qns on juicebox or pairing a mac mini with idrive at this so called evo forum k20 shit.... wonder what reply i will get... aiya dun waste time la...
rather than sit here and STIR kopi, i making my way to KPO :lol2::lol2::lol2:

of course theres a high likelyhood that ppl on evo forums wouldnt know much about bmw-specific stuff like JB and Idrive, common sense no?

since u dont understand let me spell it out to you. what im saying is that the basic components of turbocharging and NA internal combustion engine is the same, refer to previous posts.:woottt:

stir kopi and tcss is must have quailty of a towkay though:thumbsup:

i'd take ur advise and not waste my time though playing tunes to a cow (chinese saying-cow if not referring to you though in case u get offended again:shakemyb:)

TS, i strongly advise u to not follow the herd-mentality. if u wanna know more about turbocharging can pm me :yummie:

My BB had to throw an email saying you replied... itchy so must read... so...
I pity you la Dude... look at #68 and the way you criticise forumers here.
FYI Fuzzy is the one of the last person you should argue technicalities with here. If TS wanna PM someone for answers, or SEE some stuff, Fuzzy should be more than credible... that said its his choice.
As for you blasting cynically and suddenly at forumers here... good luck once again :sneaky:
Go KPO and drink la...
You will drown just trying to pit yourself against everyone here :naughty:
Have come across too many of you to make my blood boil really... its gonna take more than that cause i've seen worse.... ;)

jerr87;516430 said:
just throwing my opinion out there ya? normally ppl at this price point(3series), if they wanted a fast car would have gone for smthing else like evo alr, and i dare say many here mod goondus, not that im an expert but im just sharing what i know and giving ts some encouragement since everyone is pouring cold water on him

of course to mod an NA there too many components that need to be changed as such the likelyhood of having problems is greater that why it is very very important to have an excellent workshop that is dedicated and knows their stuff who doesnt just bolt on the stuff and there you go.
for NA cars you have to worry about the oil return line where a hole has to be tapped in the oil sump which is a potential leak source. the turbo oil feed line e normal ws will just use a t-tap from the sensors which is suspectible to breakage also. problems areas include charge pipes leaking or blowing off/ manifold cracking etc etc. im not very versed in the N52 only K20 so i cant advise much on this specific block.
but for k20 its an open block which cant sustain high boost. generally the concepts are the same though. if ur afraid the "lousy" magnesium block cannot tahan simple just the block for sleeving, upgrade the crankshaft conrods pistons etc. auto transmission also no problem last time i purchased a second hand trans from USA and customised it there, custom high stall converter, clutch packs etc u wanna make it bullet proof also no problem (go see ipt racing transmissions)

TS if ur serious about forced induction and gaining intimate knowledge on ur ride i suggest u go check out evo forums of k20a.org the people have much much more technical knowledge than the general population here who (are great at tcss and ot-ing so such a great degree it always provides a good laugh at their replies!) just pay for expensive branded mods without knowing much about it but of cos thats safer but is very limited, i mean even for the n54 there isint a branded turbo upgrade yet right?(correct me if im wrong)

guess you must have an evo or type r of some sort, you seems to know something about turbo charging a NA car and that's all
Evo 9 use a iron engine block while Type R use alum block same as our M54 (pre Facelift 523) and i know these blocks are tolerant of forced induction.
FYI, N54 is just a reworked M54 with turbo and new injector

But do you know that our N52B25 is one of the lightest 6 cylinder block even till today so its inherently weaker than others so not tolerant of forced induction.
Before you overturn all advise by bmw forumers about a car they own, pls do your homework before trying to act smart here.

I am a N52B25 owner who is searching for ways to up my ride's power with limited success and who are you?

hey bro relax
arent we discussing how to power up our rides??
im searching for ways to power my N25B25 too.....
cheers

my ride is 86k km now and after my next svc at PML, i'm gonna visit rodney for ignition upgrade.
shall post my review few months later.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neo79commx

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back