Need advice - Engine have difficulty going pass 2000 rpm

ed6141

As I was driving my car today after refuelling, the engine had difficulty going pass 2000 rpm, as if it is "out of breath" and if I continue to accelerate, it would jerk and car will vibrate. Stop the car, restart but problem still persist. If I travel below 2000 rpm it is ok. What is wrong?

Tried to call PML, but repair centre closed. Thinking of sending my car to PML on Mon. but unfortunately will be traveling tomorrow. Quite worried.

Anyone can advise me. If I send back to PML, should I remove my Velocity in case there is any dispute.

Appreciate all advise and suggestion. :helpp!:

Re: Need advice - Engine have difficulty going pass 2000 rpm

it's better to remove velocity for clarify and also rule out velocity as the potential problem

Last edited by a moderator:

ed6141;588738 said:
As I was driving my car today after refuelling, the engine had difficulty going pass 2000 rpm, as if it is "out of breath" and if I continue to accelerate, it would jerk and car will vibrate. Stop the car, restart but problem still persist. If I travel below 2000 rpm it is ok. What is wrong?

Tried to call PML, but repair centre closed. Thinking of sending my car to PML on Mon. but unfortunately will be traveling tomorrow. Quite worried.

Anyone can advise me. If I send back to PML, should I remove my Velocity in case there is any dispute.

Hi ed,

Why don't you off the velocity then restart and try again?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Sounds like a fuel pump related issue.

wt_know;588741 said:
it's better to remove velocity for clarify and exclusion of velocity as the potential issue

Agreed.

ac323;588743 said:
Hi ed,

Why don't you on the velocity then restart and try again?

Cheers

I think you mean turn off ?

ed6141;588738 said:

Hi ed,

Why don't you off the velocity then restart and try again?

Cheers

Thanks for all the advice.

Already off the velocity and restart the car, but problem still persist.

Will probably go back to J4C to remove it before sending it back to PML, since the car it is still in the warranty period.

Just have to travel overseas tomorrow with a heavy heart and wait until next wk before I can do anything.

Sian...:verysad:

Bro,

Just to check, any possibility that the petrol kiosk guy pump diesel instead of petrol into my car? Hear the pump nozzles are different for petrol & diesel, so it is unlikely right?

I also check for leaks as well to ensure the fuel pump is not giving problem, but found none so far.

Any other things to check?

Appreciate all advice and comments. Thks.

ed6141;588756 said:
Bro,

Just to check, any possibility that the petrol kiosk guy pump diesel instead of petrol into my car? Hear the pump nozzles are different for petrol & diesel, so it is unlikely right?

I also check for leaks as well to ensure the fuel pump is not giving problem, but found none so far.

Check your receipt.

Unfortunately, did not keep receipt.

Check amount from credit car, should not be diesel. One issue eliminated.

Thks bro.

Good luck, safe travels!

Hopefully, the problem is not serious.

Thks bro etan1.

You have a nice weekend.

Thks red bean bun.

Will try that and see if it can resolve the problem.

ed6141;588756 said:
Bro,

If pump diesel, u will need tow truck. Ur car will not start at all. Sometimes it could be fuel quality.

After sending it to PML, they claimed it is due to faulty spark plugs(aftermarket) & ignition coil that is causing the problem. The problem was resolved after changing these parts. Ignition coil is FOC since it is still under warranty, I just paid for the spark plugs.

Surprised that aftermarket plugs only last 8ksqm.

Thanks for all the advice :shakemyb:

Good to hear that there is no major issue.

ed6141;591182 said:
After sending it to PML, they claimed it is due to faulty spark plugs(aftermarket) & ignition coil that is causing the problem. The problem was resolved after changing these parts. Ignition coil is FOC since it is still under warranty, I just paid for the spark plugs.

Surprised that aftermarket plugs only last 8ksqm.

Thanks for all the advice :shakemyb:

must get the good ones.. which aftermarket sparkies did u use?

I was using Nology spark plugs. Though they were suppose to last longer than 8k.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5699cloud

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back