Need advice on coolant and washer fluid

BMWme

Hi Bros,

My ride is a E36 325i.

The top up coolant message came on, can please advise me where and how I can top up my coolant tank?

Lastly the top up washer fluid message came on and I filled the washer fluid tank with water to the brim but the check light is still on, any advice on how to solve this?

Thank you!

Re: Need advice on coolant and washer fluid

seriously?........

You can check on owner manual or drive to any workshop to ask mechanic for help. Remember drive to car workshop, if you drive to bike shop... they might fill diesel on your coolant tank.

Hi, top up by filling with coolant.

all BMW liquids that came with the car are Lifetime. Dun believe ask BMW AG

I think i gotta sue bmw, how come my petrol need to be fill up frequently , shouldn't it also long life?

MW;1050099 said:
all BMW liquids that came with the car are Lifetime. Dun believe ask BMW AG

Yes, all the parts have a lifetime warranty too. They are guaranteed for the lifetime of each part.

christopher ngo;1050100 said:
I think i gotta sue bmw, how come my petrol need to be fill up frequently , shouldn't it also long life?

look, if u drive like 1km day or less, the petrol will be long life.

MW;1050103 said:
look, if u drive like 1km day or less, the petrol will be long life.

I don't even drive, tyre wear and tear too fast. Normally i jus ignite engine for 10seconds and off. Then i go for SMRT bus. I still need to pump 10 dollar per year. Long life oil should be same as long life petrol right? Anyway my fxxking fc already 1L/5km ...... i don't even bother to think how to save petrol. Drive bmw expect toyota prius fc, what a joke

Pipe leakage is very common.
So, after top up it may have drained below set level.

I suggest: Top up full again with colored coolant, drive to a dry spot and leave it overnight or few hours, and then check the floor dapping the water pool with a white cloth or tissue.

If yield colour stain from this puddle, water is likely from coolant. If no colour, it may just be aircon condensation drips.

My 2 cents.

BMWme;1050088 said:
Hi Bros,

My ride is a E36 325i.

The top up coolant message came on, can please advise me where and how I can top up my coolant tank?

Lastly the top up washer fluid message came on and I filled the washer fluid tank with water to the brim but the check light is still on, any advice on how to solve this?

Thank you!

rvt;1050123 said:
Pipe leakage is very common.
So, after top up it may have drained below set level.

I suggest: Top up full again with colored coolant, drive to a dry spot and leave it overnight or few hours, and then check the floor dapping the water pool with a white cloth or tissue.

If yield colour stain from this puddle, water is likely from coolant. If no colour, it may just be aircon condensation drips.

My 2 cents.

Thanks RVT,

Regarding my washer fluid check light coming on even when the washer fluid tank is full, do you have any advice?

Use masking tape!

Or go to a workshop like everyone else does.

Red_Bean_Bun;1050146 said:
Put the masking tape over the error ?

Quality non bias post of the year

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
good88digital
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back