Need advice on signal lights and brakes

BMWme

Hi All,

My ride is an E36 325i, recently the signal lights do not switch on immediately when the handle is moved up or down.
Sometimes nothing happens for a few seconds then the signal turns on and works as per normal.
At other times, there is a rapid clicking sound but no lights then the signal turns on and works as per normal.

I thought it was the flasher relay malfunctioning so I changed a new unit.
It worked for a few days and the problem returned soon after.
Any advice on what can be the issue?

Lastly, on a seperate topic, the car does not brake smoothly at low speed (less than 60 km/h).
It feels like you are going over those speed strips just more mild, can I get your advice on this?

Appreciate your help

Re: Need advice on signal lights and brakes

BMWme;1108945 said:
Hi All,

My ride is an E36 325i, recently the signal lights do not switch on immediately when the handle is moved up or down.
Sometimes nothing happens for a few seconds then the signal turns on and works as per normal.
At other times, there is a rapid clicking sound but no lights then the signal turns on and works as per normal.

I thought it was the flasher relay malfunctioning so I changed a new unit.
It worked for a few days and the problem returned soon after.
Any advice on what can be the issue?

Lastly, on a seperate topic, the car does not brake smoothly at low speed (less than 60 km/h).
It feels like you are going over those speed strips just more mild, can I get your advice on this?

Appreciate your help

time to visit Codewerx......

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

check your fuse.

I would recommend to get your car for diagnostic test to know the actual problem so that you do not need to go through trial and error. :)

For the signal issue, it's hard to diagnose without proper tools, so best to go into a workshop for help. If it is the fuse, it will not work completely but since it is intermittent, it should be something else; at least, that's what happened to me.

For your brake issue, it can be a leaky hose, master brake pump malfunctioning or deteriorated, brake pad issues, etc. Without knowing what speeds you were doing before the hump and how sudden your braking was, hard to tell what the real problem is. I am presuming that you have serviced your brakes already and there is no metal to metal sound (hence not a brake pad wear issue).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubbong
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back