Need advice on which tyres to get

cearth

Hi gang,

I need to change the tyres of my 320I. I have went around and I have been recommended this four brands

Continental Sports Contact 3 - $288
Falken 452 - $330
Potenza 070 - $320
Hankook Ventus s1evo - $244

Anyone have tried any of this brands? Any recommendations or advice will really be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Need advice on which tyres to get

Not sure what tyre size and your requirement.
But if one has to choose from the list of 4, I'll pick CSC3 without a doubt.

CSC3 for me too.......

cheers

Another friend was mentioning to me MIchelin PS3. What do you guys think of this?

Why are you not choosing Michelin Preceda or PS3 or PSS?

cearth;664038 said:
Hi gang,

I need to change the tyres of my 320I. I have went around and I have been recommended this four brands

Falken 452 - $330
Potenza 070 - $320

Anyone have tried any of this brands? Any recommendations or advice will really be appreciated.

Thanks

From the list, only CSC3 is decent.

Else, consider PSS, RE11, AD08 or CEC DW.

cearth;664038 said:
Hi gang,

Falken 452 - $330
Potenza 070 - $320

Thanks

I might be changing my tyres soon... the price quote are for which size?

Might want to try CSC3, current using Yokohama...

Last edited by a moderator:

My tire's size is 225/40/18. After much research I'm going to get the Michelin PS 3. Thanks for the advice. Will let you guys know after I get it.

cearth;664038 said:
Hi gang,

Falken 452 - $330
Potenza 070 - $320

Thanks

Sorry to OT. Since we are on the same topic, between CSC 3 and P-Zero Rosso, which is a better tyre. I am looking for a quieter ride that has enough grip.

Thanks!

cearth;664038 said:
Hi gang,

Falken 452 - $330
Potenza 070 - $320

Thanks
btw the 4 continental sport con 3 best
go for michlein ps3 if money is not the issue
dont need the bs 070, michiline super sport unless you are real hard driver

Try GY F1 Asym 2. Very good cornering and wet grip, and a good balance between grip, handling, comfort and noise for a performance tyre. Also cheaper than PSS, S001 or CSC5.

spitfire;664332 said:
Sorry to OT. Since we are on the same topic, between CSC 3 and P-Zero Rosso, which is a better tyre. I am looking for a quieter ride that has enough grip.

Thanks!

P-Zeros are noisy. Have them on my Volvo. Crappy tyres and will give a low rumble at around highway speeds, quite annoying.

Go for CSC3, or as other bros recommended... Michelin Pilot Sport 3 is good. Goodyear Eagle F1 Assym is good too. I heard the F1 Assym 2 is out, but haven't seen it ard.

Hi all, noob question here. These r run flat or not? In the last 3 years I had 2 nail punctures - but with run flat I was ok till I had time to go patch it. what about ordinary tires?

not all pzero are crappy tyre (P zero has 4 version in the market P 0/ Rosso/Nero/Assymetrico
Many pirelli P zero tyre mounted as OEm on sports car like Ferrari/Lambo/Merc AMG etc
My friend got a new version Merc Eclass running on 245/45/17 Pzero is perfectly very low noise after 30 plus k , but only issue is Costly:oooops:
May be i would like to ask the F1 driver is the Pzero tyre noisey? Because they are now on Pzero tyre:dance:

XFi;664611 said:
Hi all, noob question here. These r run flat or not? In the last 3 years I had 2 nail punctures - but with run flat I was ok till I had time to go patch it. what about ordinary tires?
you have to ask yourself, You have enjoyed 2 time the benefit of runflat after you have a punctured,so if you were not on the runflat what type of problem you likely be encountered?
Is nothing wrong to change to non runflat ,you only lost the benefit of runflat tyre allows you to continue your drive in the event of tyre punctured.
BMW dont wants to waste money to developed this runflat tyre for nothing

Last time csc3 more ex than falken 452. Now maybe price dip due to newer csc5....
I will go for csc3.

Just changed my 19" tyres on E60 to Marangoni M-Power. Made in Italy and very good price considering the staggered size. May not be that quiet compared to the premium ones but good braking on dry ground. No chance to test on wet weather yet as i just got it lask week .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sv88help

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back