Need Advise!!! How Much To Pay For Bmw 318ia???

jbass

Hi,

I'm totally new to the BMW machine and was planning to purchase a 318IA.

Spotted one black 318IA, 100% original conditions (zero mobs with 16" s/rim) but not sure what is a price to buy.

Here some info on the car:

B.O.B: Nov 2002
Mileage: 48000++
OMV: 37,890
PARF: 24,630
COE: 30,990

Test drive the car and everything was fine but really need some help here to offer a price.

Any ways to ensure that the car is 'ACCIDENT FREE'. How can I perform a check on this to ensure that the car is fine??

Your advise here is much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Need Advise!!! How Much To Pay For Bmw 318ia???

You can get the car evaluated at Vicom or a reliable mechanic who knows BMWs. You can also check PML's records on the service history, whether it is a lemon etc. You will need the owner's permission in order to check with PML.

Without you indicating what the seller is asking for, we won't be able to tell you if the asking is reasonable.

Hi, Many thanks for your kind advise.

I'll request for as Vicom report from the dearler then.

The asking price for the car is 92K. Looking back at the car that there's zero mobs (even the lights covers were original), I think the price is high.

What do you think is a good price to counter offer??

jbass said:
Hi, Many thanks for your kind advise.

I'll request for as Vicom report from the dearler then.

The asking price for the car is 92K. Looking back at the car that there's zero mobs (even the lights covers were original), I think the price is high.

What do you think is a good price to counter offer??

$92k is way too high. If you check out the bazaar folder in this forum, you will notice that someone is selling a late 2002 registered 320i (albeit 2 owners) but with a nice plate for for $92k too. So you are better off buying a used 320i. Check out the Straits Times Classified and the following web-site sgcarmart.com.sg for a better sense of pricing.

Thanks for the advise.

I'm planning to offer around 85K. Is this price ok?

jbass said:
Thanks for the advise.

I'm planning to offer around 85K. Is this price ok?

I think your offer wld be considered generous for a car that is stk. I think it shd be less than that coz dealer probably took in at $75k to $78k? Juz my guess. Perhaps other bros can share their views. See this Sep 2002 example: http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info-2ffQUwo4-1000.html. Asking $85k before negotiation.

Great advise there, this is really the right place to find experts like you.

One more issue here is that I realise that the COE is of category 'E'. Not sure about the policy of a category 'E' COE and how it will affect my disposal should I purchase the car.

Any advise???

jbass said:
Great advise there, this is really the right place to find experts like you.

One more issue here is that I realise that the COE is of category 'E'. Not sure about the policy of a category 'E' COE and how it will affect my disposal should I purchase the car.

Any advise???

On the Cat E interpretation, not easy to explain as it is tied to the value of the actual category of COE to which the car belongs and the prevailing rate for that category at the time that car was registered. Best for you to self read the explanation which presumably will be given at LTA's or Onemotoring's web-sites.

P/s: Why not consider the 320i for sale in this forum now? I dunno the owner but sure will save you some money on mods as I read that it comes with 18" rims and a nice plate etc. Your call:)

I think it should be in the low 80s, depending on condition and mileage.

hi jbass , so did u buy the bmw318 i think i saw the same car on sale you looking at ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go99cominfo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back