Need help deciding...

SMYUEN

Legendary 10 Years
Hi,

No need to think man..

It has to be the 520i!!

E240 - too sluggish.. unless you value luxurious comfort more than sporty comfort

Saab 95 - why bother? only straight line acceleration. Awful cockpit.

Just my 2 cents!

Cheers!

SMYUEN,

Think if at all, u would make the PERFECT PML salesman :) :) :uhhh: :laughlik:

Radon39 said:
SMYUEN,

Think if at all, u would make the PERFECT PML salesman :) :) :uhhh: :laughlik:

haha.. I also think so!!!!

Haha...The thing i like about the 520 is the look although many feel that the e240 is classy...The saab is just a scaled down version...Much cheaper than the other 2...Got a quote of 138k for it...

ht said:
Haha...The thing i like about the 520 is the look although many feel that the e240 is classy...The saab is just a scaled down version...Much cheaper than the other 2...Got a quote of 138k for it...

BMW is a driver's car. If u are into handling etc, then BMW is the way to go. From the price u quoted, I gather u are going for a used one. In that regard, the only advantage of the E class is that it has not been replaced by a newer E class as is the case for the 5 series.

Another factor is your age. From what I have seen, a driver in a 5 series can carry it if looks like he is in his early 30s all thru to old age. Not the case for the E class though. If u look young, they will say "lim peh's chia". Juz my thots. :laughlik:

Nah i'm going for a new one...I meant the saab was 138k...The salesgirl at PML quoted me 189k...Tot's that was quite good, compared to when i was snubbed at the merc showroom...

Haha, thats not a prob, i'm in my early 40s...

T6,

"....they will say "lim peh's chia". Juz my thots...."

Eh dun speak so soon...in th eE39 also, I get ppl asking if it is my fadder car :furious: :furious:

ht said:
Nah i'm going for a new one...I meant the saab was 138k...The salesgirl at PML quoted me 189k...Tot's that was quite good, compared to when i was snubbed at the merc showroom...

Haha, thats not a prob, i'm in my early 40s...

If u are going for the new 5 series (E60 model), juz stay away from 520i for now. Heard they still have lots of bugs. Also, they are coming up with new valvetronic engines for the 5 series soon (they are currently still using engines from the old model).

the merc E240 and bmw 520i are both reasonably good cars. i dont think you would be able to differentiate the drivability aspect much unless youre inherently looking out for the 'feel' of the car on corners etc.
as for the saab, looking at your price quote, i assume youre referring to the 2.0 litre T version. if youre after something with reasonable low end torque, then the saab is pretty good.
if its a nice comfortable car with reasonable acceleration and nice handling, then i would recommend the merc E240 or bmw 520i.
and personally out of these 2, i'd pick the E240.

just my opinion.

Radon39 said:
T6,

"....they will say "lim peh's chia". Juz my thots...."

Eh dun speak so soon...in th eE39 also, I get ppl asking if it is my fadder car :furious: :furious:

Dat is becoz u neber mod your car lah. :lol:

Radon39 said:
T6,

Rem hor, 'It is the singer, NOT the song' :thumbsup:

But now my song easier to sing :lol: Ok, betta dun OT liao.

If you're power hungry, get the 9-5 Aero and it'll leave the bimmer and merc way behind! Heh heh.... like the rest said, for comfort/luxury the merc, for overall driving experience the bimmer.

Raffles said:
For power, u might want to add S60T5 or the S60R for consideration ;)

in this case, the S60T5 is probably better.
wanted to get the S60R before i got the bmw.
test drove the R, liked the power, didnt like the feel and the handling,
and totally hated the huge 13m turning radius due to AWD.
but have to say the S60's interior is pretty plush and spacious.
but the T5 seems more refined to drive,
more than enough power when you need it too.

The Saab 95 Aero is an awesome car .... Never liked the Volvo Turbos ... They dont seem to be as responsive as the Saabs. But then again .. Saab pioneered turbocharging in cars so its natural they make the best turbos around. But i'll take the beemer for sheer driving pleasure! Drive dynamics are unparalleled .... :) :thumbsup:

Re: Need help deciding...

ht said:
Hi all...New here...I am deciding between a 520i, an e240 and a saab 95...
Was wondering if anyone can give me some comments...

if you are thinking of e240 than you should look at 525i instead.

Re: Need help deciding...

ht said:
Hi all...New here...I am deciding between a 520i, an e240 and a saab 95...
Was wondering if anyone can give me some comments...

HI !

Why you consider a E240 now ?

Comfort Taxi is using them :silenced:

May be someone idiots may flag you went you drove by :lol: :lol: :lol:

eh... u come to a BMW forum and ask whether to buy saab or Merc? :screwedu:

go for BMW la... got one more kaki here then :dance:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member