Need help on air con & oil problem

BMWme

Hi Bros,

My E36 has 2 issues and hopefully can get some valuable opinions on identifying the problem.

First the oil change message lights up just below the RPM gauge but it goes out after a few seconds.
I am using synthetic oil and only ran 4000 km after the last oil change.
I read that BMW's program will take into account the oil temperature, driving style etc to determine when to change the oil but I think I had been driving the same since I got the car 3 years ago and this is the first time I encountered this message. Any thoughts?

Secondly, on a separate note, there is a high pitch, sound that is coming when I turn the air con on at speed 2.
At speed 3 and 4 or when the air con is off, the sound goes off
At speed 1, the sound is intermittent
Is it the fan belt? Blower motor? Compressor?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Re: Need help on air con & oil problem

BMWme;1100521 said:
Hi Bros,

My E36 has 2 issues and hopefully can get some valuable opinions on identifying the problem.

First the oil change message lights up just below the RPM gauge but it goes out after a few seconds.
I am using synthetic oil and only ran 4000 km after the last oil change.
I read that BMW's program will take into account the oil temperature, driving style etc to determine when to change the oil but I think I had been driving the same since I got the car 3 years ago and this is the first time I encountered this message. Any thoughts?

Secondly, on a separate note, there is a high pitch, sound that is coming when I turn the air con on at speed 2.
At speed 3 and 4 or when the air con is off, the sound goes off
At speed 1, the sound is intermittent
Is it the fan belt? Blower motor? Compressor?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Reference to your first issue, just have it reset. The system basically responds to Kms and RPMs. If you have been changing yr engine oil at relatively regular intervals and your driving style in these 3 yrs of ownership has been the same then there isnt anything to worry about. Major cause.... A G E

The second issue is caused by the blower motor. Worn bearings. Time for a change.

The 36 is a truly great car. But it does'nt escape the vestige of time.

However a conscientious once-off replacement of all wear and tear parts will leave you with a truly exhilarating time with yr 36. I can vouch for that.

;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
good88digital
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back