Need help on car starting problem

BMWme

Hi Bros,

Need your kind advice as my E36 325i mysteriously is unable to start.

Before towing, AAS mechanic checked the battery and it is operational.
The cranking sound is still normal but the car will not start.
AAS recommended to change the fuel pump which I did but this same situation happened again.

The AAS mechanic also advised that the tachometer does not move when the key is turned and all the lights came on.
Any idea what could be the problem?

Re: Need help on car starting problem

It if cranks, Battery, Alternator, Starter motor should be ok..

IF you've changed a new fuel pump, i'll assume that the fuel pressure should be ok..

So..by process of elimination..it should be a sparking issue..

Have you checked your spark plugs ? Ignition coil pack ?

Going deeper, it could be timing belt...

If your car is already towed to a workshop..let them handle it lor..

My E60 also got the same problem recently before having a major overhaul (worst case scenario, as in really worst worst) . Probably its the spark plug.

The thing is my car had been towed to the workshop 3 times already for this problem and they said they cant find the problem coz the problem is intermittent.
They are a reputable workshop and recommended on this forum thus I am really concern about this problem.
The workshop and I are also using methods of elimination thus I also just changed my ignition switch and crank shaft sensor.
We didnt change the spark plugs coz if they were fault, the car will not run smoothly if I am not wrong?

Ask your workshop to look at the running motor values or fasta data assuming no fault codes found - that should give you some clues of what is the problem .....

BMWme;1094341 said:
The thing is my car had been towed to the workshop 3 times already for this problem and they said they cant find the problem coz the problem is intermittent.
They are a reputable workshop and recommended on this forum thus I am really concern about this problem.
The workshop and I are also using methods of elimination thus I also just changed my ignition switch and crank shaft sensor.
We didnt change the spark plugs coz if they were fault, the car will not run smoothly if I am not wrong?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
good88digital
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back