Need help on Staggered rim

GTIbm

Hi all,

Whats the advantage of staggered rim?

Can the same tyre profile be use on all the 4 rim??

Re: Need help on Staggered rim

GTIbm;925597 said:
Hi all,

nicer, more SART.......

* same profile very unlikely.....
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Staggered will definitely looks nicer. And another reason is that BMW are rear wheel drive so need a larger width for the back tyre, gives much power, you would get better handling as well.

Noted on the reply thank you. So i will stick back to my staggered, shopping around for new tyres

Handling yes - power nope - Grip yes .....

PixelBug;925615 said:
Staggered will definitely looks nicer. And another reason is that BMW are rear wheel drive so need a larger width for the back tyre, gives much power, you would get better handling as well.

GTIbm;925597 said:
Hi all,

A bit more technical stuff here...

With staggered rims, your rear will be wider, thus more grip @ the back...

Overall on straights and braking, this shld improve ur handling and reduce braking distance, but increase ur FC a little cos of higher rolling resistance as well as makes ur acceleration slower... (of cos unless u have so much wheel spin that this additional traction actually helps improve ur launch... which is unlikely)

On corners, wider rear tyres reduces oversteer (or induce more understeer). This might be a good thing for our FR cars as they have a natural tendency to oversteer when we accelerate in a turn.

the only i know is it looks sart and safer when accelerating on tight corner......very confident in driving...

manggi12;925827 said:
the only i know is it looks sart and safer when accelerating on tight corner......very confident in driving...

hahaha for once after driving this car, I don't feel too afraid in turning at 120km/h
I think my previous ride would already turn turtle with that inertia lol

Turning in at 120kmh is quite interesting .......in the wet or dry ?

SapphireSpite;925870 said:
hahaha for once after driving this car, I don't feel too afraid in turning at 120km/h

SapphireSpite;925870 said:

what tyres u on?

And in addition i dont think you can rotate tyres....not that it matters.....

Seraphblade;925813 said:
A bit more technical stuff here...

With staggered rims, your rear will be wider, thus more grip @ the back...

Overall on straights and braking, this shld improve ur handling and reduce braking distance, but increase ur FC a little cos of higher rolling resistance as well as makes ur acceleration slower... (of cos unless u have so much wheel spin that this additional traction actually helps improve ur launch... which is unlikely)

On corners, wider rear tyres reduces oversteer (or induce more understeer). This might be a good thing for our FR cars as they have a natural tendency to oversteer when we accelerate in a turn.

it may be just me but after switching to staggered wheels i feel so MUCH more balanced

of course when going staggered i also upsized from 17" to 19", so i have wider tyres overall even up front so it took out the understeer, improved steering feedback and braking improved a LOT

when making tight corners and my car is more *willing* to step its tail out also, maybe because of the weight of the rims at the back. i'm still on RFTs.

in very tight turns such as the lornie road u-turn... it is SO much more fun. off DSC, get into M, hold on gear 1, turn, then gas, then some wheelspin, then off you go. instantly overtake all the 4 or 5 cars making the u turn in front of u.

Last edited by a moderator:

detach8;925995 said:
in very tight turns such as the lornie road u-turn... it is SO much more fun. off DSC, get into M, hold on gear 1, turn, then gas, then some wheelspin, then off you go. instantly overtake all the 4 or 5 cars making the u turn in front of u.

Oh I like that corner too.

i just change to Goodyear F1 As2 yesterday.... still running in ~~~

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tk88vip1com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups