New Chat Room (Beta testing)

New Chat Room (Beta testing)

• Yes it's good!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it isn't!

• I still prefer the old delphiforum's one!

• I don't chat at all..so i don't bother.

• Total voters

DVanos

Re: New Chat Room (Beta testing)

ryan said:
Hi guys,

I've installed a new chatroom function on our server which is pretty similiar to that of the Delphiforum.

It's run by Parachat.com, which i strongly believe is closely linked to Delphiforum themselves. i.e OEM chatroom for Delphi

Check it out by clicking on the link.

chatsoftware.jpg

Right now it's full of adverts etc etc, but once i can get some positive feedback on it, we(the bmw.sg admin group) will purchase it and have it installed permamently.

Thanks!

ryan,

its definitely faster than d previous one, but need to have more pple to use it concurrently to check if there is lag.

DVanos said:
ryan said:
Hi guys,

I've installed a new chatroom function on our server which is pretty similiar to that of the Delphiforum.

It's run by Parachat.com, which i strongly believe is closely linked to Delphiforum themselves. i.e OEM chatroom for Delphi

Check it out by clicking on the link.

chatsoftware.jpg

Right now it's full of adverts etc etc, but once i can get some positive feedback on it, we(the bmw.sg admin group) will purchase it and have it installed permamently.

Thanks!

ryan,

its definitely faster than d previous one, but need to have more pple to use it concurrently to check if there is lag.
Thanks Dvanos :)

Yah .. got to have a lot of users to see how effective the thing is.

Vote after u given it a run through!

Hi Ryan,

The response rate for Parachat is quite good. :)

A user online status would certainly increase the number of chat participants. Currently, there's less activity due to join the chat before being capable of seeing who's online.

Another suggestion which would yield the fastest speed is perhaps to have an IRC-based chatroom, using the JPilot applet for the frontend so non-savvy users can also participate. :)

Cheers,
Alvin.

Hello Ryan,

I am using Apple PowerBook and opened the chatroom with Explorer (Mac Version). It gave a blank screen.

Is the chatroom compatiable with Mac?

Thanks,

black_cat said:
Hello Ryan,

I am using Apple PowerBook and opened the chatroom with Explorer (Mac Version). It gave a blank screen.

Is the chatroom compatiable with Mac?

Thanks,
It shouldn't have a problem.

However, i believe the issue is whether java can run effectively on your machine. It requires the java virtual machine for PCs, however unsure of it's counterpart of MACs.

Explorer don't seems to work but have tried another browser - Safari. It works.

Thanks,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bong88nyc
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back