New M3 Reviews

BorisRS

Does anyone know of any done so far? Other than the short one in the Business Times over the weekend, has there been any published either on line or in a magazine?

TIA!

Re: New M3 Reviews

The latest 'Autocar' magazine has a review. This week's upcoming 'Autocar' will compare M3 vs RS4. I think someone posted the cover of the mag b4. Both are the UK edition one.

Then BMWCar has a review of the M3 too.

yup. latest issue of BMWcar has the M3 review. bought my copy

Plenty of M3 reviews by magazines, plenty of crap too. Plus lotsa Infinity, MB and RS4 fanboys pouring cold water:lol2: Sounds like still a great car this new M3 but seems that competitors hav closed the gap.

M3POST | BMW M3 Homepage

There's a review in the latest issue of CarBuyer by my colleague Colin Yong. We'll be posting a copy online at CarBuyer.com.sg | Drive a good bargain very soon, probably by Friday.

He says the engine's fantastic, but the car is a bit soft overall, and not really 'M' enough.

Boris, There is a comparison test btw M3 and RS4 posted in vagsg.com (articule from Auto Express). Both are winners in different ways.

VERDICT

BMW obviously had only one rival in mind when it created the M3. The similarities between these two machines are remarkable. Both have identical power outputs, very closely matched performance figures and equally aggressive styling, while there's little to separate them on price, either. In the end, it's the minute differences between the M3 and RS4 that decide this test. The BMW is unquestionably the better option on a track or an empty road. The trouble is, the sheer technical efficiency of its active damping and adjustable steering - plus the long throw and notchy shift of its six-speed box - means it's not as involving as previous generations. Put simply, it's become too complex. That's not our only criticism of the M3. While the cabin is very well built, it lacks excitement. The BMW is a sharper driver's car, but it's the Audi that's more fun day to day. Its performance and handling are so accessible, and it has a feelgood factor that the M3 struggles to equal, plus a great interior and that mighty V8 engine. So the RS4 wins this test by the narrowest of margins.

Since this is the first comparison, there will be others that will rank M3 over the RS4.

Cheers.

Agreed. Buy what car u like, no need to be to bother about review nor comparison. At most, u can use that as a guide but the final decision will always lies upon the buyer himself.

maybe the car is 'softer' now cos BMW jus confirmed that every new M3 will hav a CSL version.. so that one will be more raw and the harder car

I personally feel that though all the best effort that has gone thru the new ///M3 but its not as exciting as how the E46 M3s made you feel. That s54 and the way it sung into hearts of many. To me, BMW has narrowed the margin more than they think with the 335i. I mean an m3 will be an M3 but the performce difference btw an e46 m3 and e46 330i was not very big. Now, with the 335i and the way it can be modded to give you the kind of gains no one ever expected, ppl no longer found the reason to get the ///M. In all the US forums i have been surfing so far, many have settled for the 335i instead of the new ///M. Only a true blue enthusiast will understand the meaning of an ///M and they are this group of people that would buy it.

elmariachi;228419 said:
I personally feel that though all the best effort that has gone thru the new ///M3 but its not as exciting as how the E46 M3s made you feel. That s54 and the way it sung into hearts of many. To me, BMW has narrowed the margin more than they think with the 335i. I mean an m3 will be an M3 but the performce difference btw an e46 m3 and e46 330i was not very big. Now, with the 335i and the way it can be modded to give you the kind of gains no one ever expected, ppl no longer found the reason to get the ///M. In all the US forums i have been surfing so far, many have settled for the 335i instead of the new ///M. Only a true blue enthusiast will understand the meaning of an ///M and they are this group of people that would buy it.

The wise one had spoken:) .

Better still, I read that in UK, the price difff between a 335 and a M3 is about 20k pounds or S$60k. Here the difference in SG is almost double at $120k:screwedu: ($238k for 335i vs $360k for M3 as rumoured from ######:nehnehhh: ). Frankly I dont think the new M3 will sell well in SG when its launched. Which means the price factor will cause consumers to look real hard at the new IS-F(however weird I find its name) and RS4/5 and AMG.

leowjulen;228232 said:
He says the engine's fantastic, but the car is a bit soft overall, and not really 'M' enough.

It's that InLine S54 Powerplant that gives you the real rawness of M feel.
Fk, this engine was awesome. I m worshipping it.

Ahbengdriver;228549 said:
The wise one had spoken:) .

Better still, I read that in UK, the price difff between a 335 and a M3 is about 20k pounds or S$60k. Here the difference in SG is almost double at $120k:screwedu: ($238k for 335i vs $360k for M3 as rumoured from ######:nehnehhh: ). Frankly I dont think the new M3 will sell well in SG when its launched. Which means the price factor will cause consumers to look real hard at the new IS-F(however wired I find its name) and RS4/5 and AMG.

Not to mention that the RS4 here sells abt 343K only and the M DCT version of the Dual Clutch technology will debut next february and prices are anticipated to be about $375K. Now tell me how would that sell. WIth that price, i'd rather save up and get the Maserati Grandtourismo.

Now tell me how would that sell. WIth that price, i'd rather save up and get the Maserati Grandtourismo.

This one I like.............real awesome in real life but cant afford the upkeep.:(

elmariachi;228582 said:
Not to mention that the RS4 here sells abt 343K only and the M DCT version of the Dual Clutch technology will debut next february and prices are anticipated to be about $375K. Now tell me how would that sell. WIth that price, i'd rather save up and get the Maserati Grandtourismo.

Thats why Intel is putting the procede inside their chip instead of a V8:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sun88comco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back