New Maps for the Default BMW Garmin GPS in 3 series

Soonster

Hi Guys,

This is for folks who have bought new 3 series which comes with the Garmin NUVI 710 GPS system. If you find that your maps are outdated, you can download the Malsingmaps for free. Just go the the link below and follow the instructions. The latest version is 2009.30. Hope that this helps the new owners of E90.

Malsingmaps Forum • View topic - MSM NT 2009.5 General Release Download (All units)

Please follow the instructions closely. Quite an easy DIY job. Happy updating.

Re: New Maps for the Default BMW Garmin GPS in 3 series

If only somebody could jailbreak the iDrive GPS map....

I am sure that someone in the forum have a good lobang to do this... but the warranty might be void so it a trade off which needs to be considered... happy hunting for the Crack for iDrive...

BMW OEM Nuvi is considered local Nuvi (User A) or overseas Nuvi (User B) ?

Its considered Overseas Nuvi...

Please save the map file gmapprom1.img in the internal memory instead of the SD Card...

Let me know if you need any assistance...

I can't generate the unl code as I dont have an account on the malsingmaps website. Any idea how to get an account?

thanks.

its ok, I managed to find a link after spending 10 mins navigating the website :)

link for those interested to register
Register

Hi Soonster,

thanks for the lead man.........

cheers

Can you search using postal code?

I find that the only map that has this function is SLA maps?

Hi AC323.. Just trying to contribute to this forum as I have benefited from it as well...

Hi Mambo.. I usually dun use Postal Code... I would key in the address but some postal codes seems to work... you can write to Malsing to inform them about the missing Postal Codes... Not sure how fast is their turn around time... but guess this is the work around... a few of us have been trying to get PML to provide the new City Navigate Map for free but with no avail... Lots of finger pointing between PML and Garmin Taiwan...

when i first got hold of my Garmin Nuvi...i headed straight to Malsing maps...

till the group broke up...

and I found My ASEAN Free GPS Map Project • View forum - Free Public Downloads

head on over...no need to unlock whatsoever...

and better more detailed map with customised icons for banks..fastfood...postal code...malsing POIs work as well in POI folder...

if you want you can combine both maps together as well...

MFM_icons.png

mambo;481298 said:
Can you search using postal code?

I find that the only map that has this function is SLA maps?
not true anymore from my experience. MSM maps now has postal code search. But don't have HDB block search.

Alternatively you can load MFM maps. Has both postal code and HDB block search. Good luck..!

Soonster;478741 said:
Its considered Overseas Nuvi...

Please save the map file gmapprom1.img in the internal memory instead of the SD Card...

Let me know if you need any assistance...

Hi,
i realise my box does not come with driver cd's. thus when i plug the gps unit into the computer the internal memory cannot be accessed by windows. any help on this:helpp!:

can i check with you guys do you get the mapsource cd in the box?

Thanks Soonster for your post. :thumbsup:
That day I couldn't find City Square on my garmin and hence realised that the map is old, so decided to try out your post and download the latest map. Being a IT nerd, i finally succeeded after 2 days :p

pilotsnoopy;482856 said:
when i first got hold of my Garmin Nuvi...i headed straight to Malsing maps...

till the group broke up...

and I found My ASEAN Free GPS Map Project • View forum - Free Public Downloads

head on over...no need to unlock whatsoever...

and better more detailed map with customised icons for banks..fastfood...postal code...malsing POIs work as well in POI folder...

if you want you can combine both maps together as well...
The group broke up? So the map I downloaded after so much effort, zun boh? :ehhh:

KNN, sometimes I wonder how come I am a robot but I still can't use computer well.

either group will do la...personal preference

Hi Guys... I have recently been to the Service Centre and my SE told me that lots of FL E90 drivers are getting frustrated with the outdated map in their Garmin 710 and PML does not seem to be able to help them..

Let me know if you find the instructions too difficult to follow... I have recently met up with some forumers and help them with this... Drop me a PM(I dun check this thread alot) if you need any help... I can meet up with you to help you with this over a cup of kopi... I understand the frustration of having a GPS which is so updated that it is unusable (Dun even have KPE for goodness)...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Robot... Good to know that this post is able to help you with your New 325i... You should be enjoying your new ride... Any mods coming along the way???

Soonster;478650 said:
Hi Guys,

This is for folks who have bought new 3 series which comes with the Garmin NUVI 710 GPS system. If you find that your maps are outdated, you can download the Malsingmaps for free. Just go the the link below and follow the instructions. The latest version is 2009.30. Hope that this helps the new owners of E90.

Malsingmaps Forum • View topic - MSM NT 2009.5 General Release Download (All units)

Please follow the instructions closely. Quite an easy DIY job. Happy updating.

Thank you Bro Soonster. Just upgraded mine. Worked like a charm. Cheers.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawer13login

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back