New NSX ?

AC Schnitzer

So it seems like Honda will be competing in JGTC with a new car HSV-010 GT.

Could this be the new NSX ?

Had the youtube clip been an audio, I would have mistaken it to be an F1 car.

Does JGTC regulations dictate a car must be in mass production in order for them to compete in the Super GT series ?

For more Photos: クリスマスの鈴鹿: Motors Blog

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCqY-vAX4EA[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New NSX ?

read somewhere

only for racing purposes. not for mass production.
but u never know

incredible machine....sounds like F1 car..

hitmee;505571 said:
read somewhere

only for racing purposes. not for mass production.
but u never know

I'm praying hard that there is a clause some where that states that the car must be in mass or limited production to consumer market in order to compete.

This should force them to present us with a road-going version. :)

TripleM;505593 said:
incredible machine....sounds like F1 car..

I know !

Some internet chatter has it that it might be an under 4L V8. I really hope they put this into production. :)

After Honda pulls out of F1.....they still have alot of spare engines in the storeroom......so lup one inside & test them out.....

Sounds bloody good & car corners like on rails man!!

kekekeke

'The Great White'

Not too bad,

vroom vroom

cheers

Cool sound. The ears will bleed from such orgasmic aural pleasure.
Honda version of their GTR killer..
Lexus has LFA in the pipeline

hetraa;505687 said:
Cool sound. The ears will bleed from such orgasmic aural pleasure.
Honda version of their GTR killer..
Lexus has LFA in the pipeline
Toyota has his FT86
Erm... don't think the FT86 is in the same league.
I might be wrong...

ya thats true... low CC
let me correct my statement.

sunboy77;505692 said:
Erm... don't think the FT86 is in the same league.
I might be wrong...

The latest top gear mentioned that the Lexus LFA cost 300k+ pounds! (thats 6 times more then a GTR and cost more then a 599).

Limited production run. And even at 300k pounds, Lexus claims they are still losing money.

Somehow I don't quite buy that ;)

The Bugatti, I can believe...

DoggieHowser;508573 said:
Limited production run. And even at 300k pounds, Lexus claims they are still losing money.

Somehow I don't quite buy that ;)

The Bugatti, I can believe...

They put up a whole new carbon fibre manufacturing plant just for the LFA, rather than relying on existing suppliers. Then there's 10 years worth of R&D burn.

Toyota spent about 4billion pounds in R&D in 2009. Lexus sales accounted for more than 10% of Toyota sales in the same period. For simplicity and to be conservative, let's just say the LFA took up a mere 0.5% of the R&D dolllars - this would be 20million pounds a year. In 10 years, that would be 200million.

500 units of LFA at 300k pounds = 150million pounds. Not even enough for the R&D, let alone a dedicated CF plant (which should be around 20-30million at least?) and all the other costs of bringing the car to market.

AC Schnitzer;505561 said:
Does JGTC regulations dictate a car must be in mass production in order for them to compete in the Super GT series ?

No. There have been Daytona Prototype and other prototype based cars entered in the series. Even the production based cars are shells at best. Everything fore and aft of the driver is carbon structure. Some cars only retain the road car roof pieces and A and B pillars underwhich the cage goes. Below that, the driver sits in a bespoke carbon monocoque much like a formula car (except bigger).

wilman2772;505602 said:
corners like on rails man!!

That's because they are able to make in excess of 4,000 lbs of downforce on top of a car that weighs only 2,500 lbs. This makes lateral acceleration of 3 - 4 G possible depending on aero trim and tires. Not much different from top level formula cars or LMPs.

SGT cars are the most advanced GT cars in the world and closer to LMP cars in design than they are to GT cars. The LMPs in turn are close to formula cars in design except LMPs are bigger, heavier, but more efficient aero wise cos of the closed wheels. The only real differences between SGT and LMP are the engine position and the higher weight. Despite this, at a track like Sugo International, the top GT500s are running typical LMP1 laptimes, and they GT500s are doing it with 100hp less.
===

Incidentally, for under 200K SGD you can buy a brand new and race proven formula car that will lap as fast, or faster, than this car or any other GT500 car. On this formula car, spares are cheap and plentiful, and the car is mechanically simple.

So we are working on incorporating capital costs into the equation now?

For the Bugatti, a lot of the stuff were actually handcrafted, so it's not just R&D.

DoggieHowser;508711 said:
So we are working on incorporating capital costs into the equation now?

For the Bugatti, a lot of the stuff were actually handcrafted, so it's not just R&D.

I can't imagine R&D not being included in the costing of the products of any company, especially low-volume products when the R&D costs can be a major component.... What might inflate the R&D costs for something like the LFA might be Toyota laying some R&D costs solely on the LFA, when the tech can be flowed down to the lesser models.

Handcrafting in low-volume products might be the cheaper way to manufacture parts - tooling for mass-production can be very costly and only makes sense when you manufacture parts in the tens of thousands. When I was working in manufacturing, I had this anal customer who wanted an emblem made by high-pressure casting - he only need a few hundred pieces so the 100k for the tooling had to be amortised over a few hundred pieces. It would have been so much cheaper if you machined the damn thing out of solid blocks of aluminium by hand or even CNC!

In most companies, NRE (non recurring expenses) such as R&D are NEVER taken into consideration when considering product margins. Ditto with opening up new plants or factories.

It's the cost of goods that determines profit/loss on a product line.

Otherwise, it's just as easy to say ALL the US cars are sold at a loss.
:)

Ascendant Motorsport;508611 said:
That's because they are able to make in excess of 4,000 lbs of downforce on top of a car that weighs only 2,500 lbs. This makes lateral acceleration of 3 - 4 G possible depending on aero trim and tires. Not much different from top level formula cars or LMPs.

Does that means if we have a track in the sky with the tarmac facing down, this car can get up to speed on a normal track then go upside down and carry on speeding throught this track

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nobikovn

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back