New to BMW

Sigh

Hi guys,
I have just bought recently a BMW 318i with sunroof, and I simply loved it. But just a curious question, I also have seen people referred 318i as E90, E93 etc, so I am not sure which one I belong to.

Re: New to BMW

Hi welcome to the forum.

E90 = 4 door saloon
E92 = coupe
E93 = convertible

Hi Sigh...

Welcome on board!!! Enjoy ur stay here!!

A word of advice.
pls observe this if u want ur car to stay shiny, coil over n brake disc in tip top condition.

Before off engine, pls turn off air con, radio.
Depress brake fully then pull handbrake.

Then only u can off engine. Failure to do so might have adverse results on yr new car. Many Lao Jiaos here can attest to that.

Oh yes, pls close yr roof too. Stupid crows in SG trained to shit into cars w open sun roof since young. Si bei zhun one.

YNWA.

Sigh;785991 said:
Hi guys,
I have just bought recently a BMW 318i with sunroof, and I simply loved it. But just a curious question, I also have seen people referred 318i as E90, E93 etc, so I am not sure which one I belong to.

Hi Sigh,

welcome onboard.........

cheers

Welcome Sigh. Are u a Liverpool fan?
Sigh....

united....... rocks!
btw i m a footballer.

Hi Sigh,

Welcome onboard. I m new member too, just few hours ahead :nehnehhh:

Hi and welcome, i thought bird only aim my orange car? didnt know they aim sun roof as well..lol

Hi Thanks for all the valuable advice and the info!! Yeah I used to be liverpool fan but now no time to support them hahha...

Btw another question is the car also comes with a Garmin Navigation Portable Plus GPS but evertime it just stuck at the BMW logo screen saying loading map...and then copyright etc etc...and black out and repeat the same page. Even I slide the power to the left to on it remains the same. A few times, it will say charing battery, slide left to power on. Sometimes it works but sometimes it don't. I am quite fed up the GPS liao...is it faulty? Need you guys advice for the GPS...

Sigh;786454 said:
Hi Thanks for all the valuable advice and the info!! Yeah I used to be liverpool fan but now no time to support them hahha...

Btw another question is the car also comes with a Garmin Navigation Portable Plus GPS but evertime it just stuck at the BMW logo screen saying loading map...and then copyright etc etc...and black out and repeat the same page. Even I slide the power to the left to on it remains the same. A few times, it will say charing battery, slide left to power on. Sometimes it works but sometimes it don't. I am quite fed up the GPS liao...is it faulty? Need you guys advice for the GPS...

Hi Sigh,

how about re-start it? otherwise must sent to PML for serivicing......

cheers

Sigh... Welcome to the forum..... Coe is so high.... Sigh.

Portable garmin gps is faulty...sigh.....

Sigh;786454 said:

In any case, our garmin gps is a piece of crap, crappy UI and always advise the long route + could b pretty inaccurate at times.....the only good thin is its integrated into our sound syst...but i since bot a Holux and neber looked back.......Garmin mayb huge in the states, but crappy imho locally :biggun:

het;786480 said:
In any case, our garmin gps is a piece of crap, crappy UI and always advise the long route + could b pretty inaccurate at times.....the only good thin is its integrated into our sound syst...but i since bot a Holux and neber looked back.......Garmin mayb huge in the states, but crappy imho locally :biggun:
Just to highlight why Garmin is not suitable & inaccurate in SG while it maybe huge in e states.

Although I did not check, it should be safe to say the Garmin GPS is using the World Global System 84 (WGS-84) for navigation. This is very suitable for finding general location world wide, however for accurate navigation in dense SG, the Datum (ellipsoid) & Map Projection is not suitable.

For accurate navigation purpose in SG/MY, the Datum and Projection has to be WGS84 and Transverse Mercator Projection respectively.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgripe
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back