Newbie need help!!

NemoYan

Hi Good People !!

I hav a question, hope it does not sound stupid...

I saw some second hand BMW 318IA Reg 1991-1992 into second COE expires around 2011/2012 Asking price around 21000k-25000k.... Do u guys think it is anyway worth to buy this type of cars..... if condition not so bad wat are the things should i look out for as to maintain and hows the cost like.... pls advice . Many thanks in advance!!!:cloud9:

Re: Newbie need help!!

Not much different from maintaining any other similar cars.. provided you are not tempted by the aftermarket performance gadgets..good luck on your hunt. *hint*.. bimmers are addictive.

Hi..

I would say that before you buy the car, have a car inspection.

Look out for auto transmission gear. Older cars tend to change gear later, as a result, consumption also higher.. if gear faulty.. its gonna be a bomb.

Good luck!

stanleyfu said:
Hi..

I would say that before you buy the car, have a car inspection.

Look out for auto transmission gear. Older cars tend to change gear later, as a result, consumption also higher.. if gear faulty.. its gonna be a bomb.

Good luck!
Bro where to go for inspection??? U got place to reco??? And how much??

Hi Bros for E36A roughly how much to do standard inspection and u know the normal oil change, fluid etc etc.......??

And how much in average to upholster to leather seats??

How much to change geasr box??

I have an e34 1991 model. i bought two years agao and has served me great. it has now done 340k, still feels like new. If you get the car at the right price in good condition, then this is one of the best kept secrets of owning a presitge brand in Singapore. The spare parts prices for e34,36 are really quite reasonable, and in fact i replaced every bush and mount in my car because i wanted to use the car till COE expiry. The cost was really quite reasonable for the work involved, and all parts are available. Furthermore, i upgraded the side skirts, door mirrors and rims from the junkyard, who is my first source of parts, again for reasonable prices. In summary, I ve had a ball with my project/hobby car, and even taking into consideration high tax and fuel bills, no way can you spend this amount per year and enjoy a prestige ride. Only one proviso; a very good and honest machanic, and intellegent spending on the project. For instance, extra cost items for very little gain are best avoided, such as electric seats, lowering coilovers, 17' rims and tires, CAI's 'facelift', body kits, spoilers, all of which do not help the car drive any better under our conditions, but cost many thousands.better to do complete suspension overhaul with stock/OEM parts, and proper engine maintanance. That's my expeirence anyway, as my macheanic taught me and a few others. Helped us avoid spending $$$ unneccesarily.

opvaulet said:
I have an e34 1991 model. i bought two years agao and has served me great. it has now done 340k, still feels like new. If you get the car at the right price in good condition, then this is one of the best kept secrets of owning a presitge brand in Singapore. The spare parts prices for e34,36 are really quite reasonable, and in fact i replaced every bush and mount in my car because i wanted to use the car till COE expiry. The cost was really quite reasonable for the work involved, and all parts are available. Furthermore, i upgraded the side skirts, door mirrors and rims from the junkyard, who is my first source of parts, again for reasonable prices. In summary, I ve had a ball with my project/hobby car, and even taking into consideration high tax and fuel bills, no way can you spend this amount per year and enjoy a prestige ride. Only one proviso; a very good and honest machanic, and intellegent spending on the project. For instance, extra cost items for very little gain are best avoided, such as electric seats, lowering coilovers, 17' rims and tires, CAI's 'facelift', body kits, spoilers, all of which do not help the car drive any better under our conditions, but cost many thousands.better to do complete suspension overhaul with stock/OEM parts, and proper engine maintanance. That's my expeirence anyway, as my macheanic taught me and a few others. Helped us avoid spending $$$ unneccesarily.
Wow great advice.... thanks Bro!!! Will work harder on the engine for better drive then for outlook!! Thanks will remember it!!:singsing:

Pls recommend your preferred mechnanic shop for such overhaul. Can reveal how much did you spend on the overhaul?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theforestavn

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back