Newbie reporting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SynAce

Hi boys and girls,

Have just registered to be a member here, not driving a bimmer now but thinking to own 1, that's why came in here to learn from all gurus here.

I'm driving a 2010 Mark X, no problem with the car but thinking of driving something different as my previous 3 rides are all Toyota...

Do you guys get your bimmers from PML or PI?
Is it worthwhile to pay PML for the huge difference relative to PI's?
What are the disadvantages getting from PI?

Thanks all.

Re: Newbie reporting...

SynAce;976535 said:
Hi boys and girls,

Have just registered to be a member here, not driving a bimmer now but thinking to own 1, that's why came in here to learn from all gurus here.

I'm driving a 2010 Mark X, no problem with the car but thinking of driving something different as my previous 3 rides are all Toyota...

Do you guys get your bimmers from PML or PI?
Is it worthwhile to pay PML for the huge difference relative to PI's?
What are the disadvantages getting from PI?

Thanks all.
Welcome SynAce :wavey:

With regard to your questions:
- It is generally PML, MA and PI. There members here who buy from PI while others from PML and MA (for M-models & MPA).
- Huge difference is bcos of higher overheads, larger profit margin, warranty matters and when u resell (preown car buyers can be very anal about non-PML or non-MA rides)
- Disadvantages basically revolves around the issue in the 3-5 years warranty period. Example: PML will honour ride's warranty purchased from MA and MA honour those purchased from PML. As for PI rides, warranty via PI by some form of insurance tagged to e ride (some r transparent to u, some u have to pay addtional 'adoption fee') although BMW's warranty is honoured by BMW Asia. In order for PML or MA to warranty your ride if u ever switch from PI to them, u will have to pay an 'adoption fee'... if don't pay 'adoption fee', warranty can still be honoured but it will be a long troublesome process going to BMW Asia, very very very very long process.

Cents, am no expert here.

Re: Newbie reporting...

Hi Baby1M,

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

Now I understand why you guys prefer to get your rides from PML, despite the much higher price relative to PI.

However, think it's worth the risk to buy from reliable PI if the price differential is more than 20%...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78winesq

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back