Non-metalic Black or Metalalic Black Sapphire

aerosports

Dear Brudders,

Can you please advise the differemce between these 2 colours for the E60 523 ? I need to make a choice urgently. Thanks.

Re: Non-metalic Black or Metalalic Black Sapphire

In some other countries, BMW with metallic paintwork will cost more than non-metallic ones. So in terms of Singaporean kiasu mentality, "same price then take the more expensive one".

Other than that, the sapphire black is "glossier"

yo bro, PML will not offer a discount for non-metallic black. I'm a die-hard non-metallic black fan and was really glad when PML brought them in. We typically call it JET BLACK! It has a deeper tone when you compare them side-by-side. Word of caution is that it is hard to keep it in prestine condition, especially in our rain/shine weather and scretches shows up easily. Metalic black hide dust slightly better...

sapphire black has metallic flakes in the paint... very very nice :) me likey!

MUST be metallic for me. oh the sparkles, nice

Thank you all for sharing your views. I really appreciate your feedback and advise.

this is really personal preference... i hate my sapphire black so much that i repainted my car to jet black.....

u have to see both in real life and make ur own decision... typically sapphire black dont look very black under the light whereas jet black is very black and glossy

Terry;207063 said:
this is really personal preference... i hate my sapphire black so much that i repainted my car to jet black.....

u have to see both in real life and make ur own decision... typically sapphire black dont look very black under the light whereas jet black is very black and glossy
confirmed, Terry has money tree at his place.:screwedu:

phil;207065 said:
confirmed, Terry has money tree at his place.:screwedu:

im very paticular about my car's exterior one... no a single defects can be found... and metallic flakes in the paint is defects to me as it doesnt reflect as much light as non metallic paint. ...just my personal preference :)

Terry;207067 said:
im very paticular about my car's exterior one... no a single defects can be found... and metallic flakes in the paint is defects to me as it doesnt reflect as much light as non metallic paint. ...just my personal preference :)

i know mate, but i still think you:screwedu: hehehe. Actually, my old 63 model, i have changed the colour 3 times already, haha.

Yep, black sapphire looks "dusty" from certain angles under extremely bright sunlight because of the metallic flakes... but under any other lighting i.e normal daylight, in my humble opinion, it just looks black... esp at night.

BMW's jet black paint is very soft according to most professional detailers (see e90post if you want to know more). It marrs more easily and of course swirles are more obvious and so are water spots... but when you get a freshly detailed swirl free jet black car, it looks gorgeous... better than black sapphire in my humble opinion.

good luck with your choice. :D

Hmmm... i've actually never seen a good polish on a jet black car...

most show cars are jet black rather than metallic black. Jet black is nice as long as you can maintain it well...

Hey Terry you are cool dude....at least now I know I would not be the only one repainting the car if I do like the colour. Thanks for all the insights...I guess jet black is the colour for me.

metallic black sapphire looks greyish/greenish on some angle especially under the sun...jet black looks black from whatever angle....:)

its really personal preference...sapphire black will look classy...jet black will look fierce... the only thing is... jet black is the hardest to maintain..really a pain in the ass

"jet black is the hardest to maintain..really a pain in the ass"

yeah... that's exactly the reason i went for metallic black. Any black is hard enough to maintain, but Jet Black takes the biscuit.

congrats on your choice. Your car, if properly maintained, will deffo stand out in the crowd.

better still, i'm sure if you go down to the meetup today, you'll see both colours in person. I'm think Azrielsc should be there with his black saph 335i.

four4s;207630 said:
"jet black is the hardest to maintain..really a pain in the ass"

yeah... that's exactly the reason i went for metallic black. Any black is hard enough to maintain, but Jet Black takes the biscuit.

congrats on your choice. Your car, if properly maintained, will deffo stand out in the crowd.

better still, i'm sure if you go down to the meetup today, you'll see both colours in person. I'm think Azrielsc should be there with his black saph 335i.

meetup tmr :screwedu:

Terry dun park his car next to other black cars at meetup, his car shy

my car wont be at the meetup tmr..its at PML settling some mechanical problem....

but i will be there to kiss and hug phil....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mksportpics

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back