Oil Check

Hi, my obc show 1/4 mark of engine oil n at min should be 1 litre so at 1/4 mark should be around 750ml. But i fill up 1litre n it's show only 3/4 full so i top up again with 200ml still 3/4, another 100ml still 3/4. So how do i know is it faulty? Is there any dipstick to manual check? I'm driving a 2006 320i. Thanks

Re: Oil Check

dont think theres a dipstick to check bro, logical guess would be the sensor is faulty?
but then again, i remember when mine showed 1/4 tank, i had to pour in 1 bottle before it became 3/4

I had an E90 before, and once hunted high and low for the dipstick. Then went back to RTFM and found that there is no such thing. The manual also does not say that the indication between Max and Min is proportional. The book only says to top up with 1 litre when the indication is Min. I believe when the indication is at Min a message will also pop up to top up the oil with 1 litre. So in between the indications, do nothing.

I top-up when i check n it's 1/4 mark so should be less then 1l but i fill 1.5l still 3/4 mark. Seem very weird, suspect the sensor is faulty... n i afraid i over-filled. Anyone beside sanerling encounter same issue?

Actually it's good to have a dipstick too so we can check manually if sensor faulty n also can see the condition of engine oil.

PM us if you need a replacement oil level sensor.

THanks

Haha... after 2 days of top up of 1.5l which show on obc at 3/4 mark, today check again n it's show full. Really puzzled... is it sensor faulty?

From my experience, when I top up enough engine oil, engine is quieter, neglible vibration on gear stick when idling.

Eng Soon Auto;1109658 said:
PM us if you need a replacement oil level sensor.

THanks

Hi bro, can pm me the price for

1) Oil level sensor
2) Engine oil filter
3) Air filter
4) BOSCH FR7KPP332 (BMW Part No: 12120032135)

For 2006 E90 320I.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k93453632

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back