Only 2 weeks...problems start to come out

izhar81

Juz got my E36 2 weeks ago. Damn i love that baby. She's a fine ride....or is she?? Hahahaa! Now my fine ride is showin her real colour bit by bit.

1st up, fuel smell comin frm the aircon. It happens er'time in the morn when i start her up. It will go on till abt 10mins or a 5 min drive off and then its gone. Only happens when the A/C is on. Sounds and Smells scary to me. Scared to burn my pocket.

2nd on the list is the screeching sound er'time i start her up 1st thing in the morn. It screeches as the engine runs and juz dissappears few secs later.

Last not least, her frnt lip got crack by some stooopid hump at Meridien Hotel. Arrrrh! Visually heart breaking! Its not dat obvious but it wont take long for anyone to notice it after a few secs of stare.

Wats happenin to my baby? She farts and make noise in the morn. Definitely not a morning person. Any idea wats happenin to her? And abt the frnt lip, where can i get it done? ard how $$?or changing a new one is a better idea? ard how $$?? any lobang for cheap ones?

Re: Only 2 weeks...problems start to come out

Feel for ya bro, perhaps you should have gotten it checked out before you took over the car?
Dangerous to have fuel smell going into your cabin as well...

Nonetheless spare some time and get it checked out soon!

Try BVO or Juzz for Cars. Their contacts can be found on our Site Sponsor's page.

Can u complain to the car dealer to ask them to repair for u ?

Your first problem may be cause by the the few rubber hose that E36 has. U get it when the aircon is on cos that is the time the car is drawing air from outside.

The 2nd problem of screeching is due to a worn engine / air con belt tensioner.

Both not major (if it's like what i have mentioned)

Get a respectable workshop from our list of recommended workshop and your ride will resume it's beauty :)

JinTeck> Dude, i guess dats wat dis forum is all abt ain't it? Sharing and learning ;)

Thanks fellas. Rubber hose eh. Will drop by a wkshop and ask 'em to take a look. Gosh i hope nuthin's wrong wit the engine. Dream machine will be a nightmare machine if engine got problem. Anyways thanks a million for the feedback.
Btw, i've browsed some of the wkshops provided by this site. BVO is mentioned alot by users. I guess its good and trustworthy. One concern though.... is it a costly wkshop? Frm the looks of the website it looks costly. Was thinkin of goin there only if major problems occur. Juz a thought :)

1st up, fuel smell comin frm the aircon. It happens er'time in the morn when i start her up. It will go on till abt 10mins or a 5 min drive off and then its gone. Only happens when the A/C is on. Sounds and Smells scary to me. Scared to burn my pocket. CHECK FOR FUEL LINE CRACKS AND THE FUEL PUMP COVER RUBBER GASKET, THESE TWO ARE THE OBVIOUS PROBLEMS U'R HAVING

2nd on the list is the screeching sound er'time i start her up 1st thing in the morn. It screeches as the engine runs and juz dissappears few secs later. THIS ONE IS SLIPPING BELT, THE BELTS ARE NOT PROPERLY TENSIONED OR U MIGHT NEED A NEW PULLEY ALSO

IZHAR, if you wanna save cost heed my advice from email to you some time ago.::)

:) bro if you know need to know where to get the parts you can try engsoon or propel. As far as i know certain parts for our baby not so ex. Do call up and compare prices

erselle....u damn skill ah! kilat man!! how u know abt all these stuff ah. havent see or smell the car u can diagnose. superb ah...u read alot or u experience alot abt these stuff. I also wanna learn and pick up ah. ure right..my mech said that the rubber gasket there got crack. Kena change. haiz...$$ lagi!!

now that screeching noise. Prolly gonna change all da damn belts. Fan,timing,a/c, watever belt there is ah...

thanks a million guys. u ppl rocks! bless ya'll and ur german darlings

Experience maaaaaaaaaa hehehehehe..... eh fuel pump cover rubber gasket very cheap lahh, should be less than $10

izhar81,

Do get your mech. to check on the 3 plastic connecter to the engin block as I changeed mine yesterday due to leaking. I also got the rear wheel bearing and engine mounting changed yesterday. $850 poorer now. :( fine it worth as the ride is better now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hitclub999com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back