Original BMW Rims And Oem Rims

dragonsoul

Dear all,

I need some advice from the senior here.

1) I enquire from MA today on the 18 inch double-spoke 397 rim ($4231.64) the tech says the rims and runflat tyres($3872.32) got sensor to link to the onboard computer (f30) to show u the status of the rims and tyres. And MA dun trade in stock rims and tyres.

2) coco rims

Same set of rims and tyres plus trade in of the stock rims I need to top up $3700 for the whole set. The tech told me its original BMW rims and tyres and can link to the onboard computer.

Question:

1) it is true that coco rims able to install original BMW rims and runflat tyre plus the sensor link to the onboard computer?

2) it is true if we install oem rims and tyres we cannot link up the sensor?

3) coco rim tech told me they need to put weights on the rim for balancing. Why stock rim dun have? If original rim why need to put weight?

4) Is there a cheaper way of getting original BMW rims and tyres other than pml and ma?

Thank you very much I might be asking very noob question hope the seniors here can enlighten me :)

Re: Original BMW Rims And Oem Rims

I sell you my 397 with run flat ai Mai? For $3700 u can also keep your stock rim and tires. 6 monts old and clicked 10,000km only. Confirm original BMW and comes with weight (lol!) and flat tyre sensor (lol!!!)

kon;932405 said:
I sell you my 397 with run flat ai Mai? For $3700 u can also keep your stock rim and tires. 6 monts old and clicked 10,000km only. Confirm original BMW and comes with weight (lol!) and flat tyre sensor (lol!!!)

Bro, u driving which model? And why u wanna sell? Wanna get new rims?

dragonsoul;932404 said:
Dear all,

1) I enquire from MA today on the 18 inch double-spoke 397 rim ($4231.64) the tech says the rims and runflat tyres($3872.32) got sensor to link to the onboard computer (f30) to show u the status of the rims and tyres. And MA dun trade in stock rims and tyres.

2) coco rims

Same set of rims and tyres plus trade in of the stock rims I need to top up $3700 for the whole set. The tech told me its original BMW rims and tyres and can link to the onboard computer.

Question:

1) it is true that coco rims able to install original BMW rims and runflat tyre plus the sensor link to the onboard computer?

3) coco rim tech told me they need to put weights on the rim for balancing. Why stock rim dun have? If original rim why need to put weight?

4) Is there a cheaper way of getting original BMW rims and tyres other than pml and ma?

Thank you very much I might be asking very noob question hope the seniors here can enlighten me :)

Sensors are not in the wheels for F30 so any wheels also can activate the Oem tpms. Which model yr ride bro?

dragonsoul;932407 said:
Bro, u driving which model? And why u wanna sell? Wanna get new rims?

397 rims if pml car will likely be sports line 335 I think : )

Growler;932421 said:
Sensors are not in the wheels for F30 so any wheels also can activate the Oem tpms. Which model yr ride bro?

F30 320i sports line thx!

dragonsoul;932404 said:
Dear all,

2) coco rims

Question:

I am using after market rims and my tyre sensors still works

one question:
320i std is riding on 17" and I intend to upsize to 18". If i choose to get a non run flat tyres..so does it means the tpms is no longer relevant?

Nope it will still read cos as mentioned sensors are not in the wheel / tyre unlike the orange tpms type

Spike123;932626 said:
one question:
320i std is riding on 17" and I intend to upsize to 18". If i choose to get a non run flat tyres..so does it means the tpms is no longer relevant?

Hi Spike123, Sorry to ask this wat is tpms? thx!

TPMS = Tire Pressure Monitoring System.

F30 Sensors are at yur suspension rather than inside e tire thus any make, model of rim or tire (runflat or non runflat) still works.

Cheers ~~

Bmw has 2 types of tpms.
Basic one is just based on the rotational speed of the wheels. If the speed differs too much, it means one tyre is low and air and the car will show an alert.

The other type makes use of individual sensors inside the tyre, installed at where you inflate the tyres. This type can monitor individual tyres and flag low pressures via iDrive. There shouldn't be any problems for any tyre installers to change tyres.

Resetting of tpms can be done by owner in the car.

Here's how the 2nd type of sensor looks like inside the rim.
attachment.php

tomace;932730 said:

F30 Sensors are at yur suspension rather than inside e tire thus any make, model of rim or tire (runflat or non runflat) still works.

Cheers ~~

Just went to top93 enquire from mr yang abt BMW stock rims and runflat tyres. He told me stock rims and tyres are heavy n noisy. So he recommend 19inch oz rims and conti tyres( non runflat ) I need to top up 2k plus trade in my stock set. He guaranty no noise and won't degrade the performance and will enhance the f30 performance.

Any advice seniors?

tomace;932730 said:

Cheers ~~

Thks bro, learnt a new thing!

You want 18" M sports light alloy rim 400M style staggered with Michelin PSS, ran for 3000km?

Coming off an F30..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcwmonster

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back