Patch Tyre

silverbeam

How much is it to patch a tyre? I thought usual is $10.

Today i had mine patched due to nail. Tyre shop charged $20.

Why? Because he says, 20" more expensive. I said mine is 19", then he said, 19" also.
"Because your type is luxury and big rim. Patching is USA type."

A nail hole is a nail hole. :screwedu:

Re: Patch Tyre

just like when u go window tinting, the shop asks u wat cc is ur car.....

If you go back to the shop you bought your tyres from, it should be FOC or minimal.

I was afraid that it would not survive the journey back to Ah Yang. Should have done it instead of paying double to hear lame irrelevant excuse.

kenntona;1075589 said:
If you go back to the shop you bought your tyres from, it should be FOC or minimal.

MW;1075587 said:
just like when u go window tinting, the shop asks u wat cc is ur car.....
Sherman only ask how big is my car le.

Sherman says he missed me, so c.c. is irrelevant. Just me.

$10 patch from outside ...
$20 patch from inside ...

both are standard price

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;1075602 said:
$10 patch from outside ...
$20 patch from inside ...

both are standard price

Yup, LS Tires offered the same and its a standard price.

Mine only put outside no shiok. If put inside then it is worth it. :eek:

helbreath said:
Need to balance tyre after patching?

No......................

silverbeam;1075614 said:
Mine only put outside no shiok. If put inside then it is worth it. :eek:

Can ask one of our bros here. He gets paid handsomely for putting his inside.

LimPeh said:
Can ask one of our bros here. He gets paid handsomely for putting his inside.

Inside WHERE? Front or rear?

At least you can patch your tyres.

Everytime I kena a puncture, my regular tyre shop always say cannot patch, must change tyre.

Recently, I spotted a slight swell on the side wall of my tyre. I went back and asked the boss to take a look. He took a look and straight away say I damaged it myself (there was a slight crack around 2-3mm). I told him I didn't recall hitting anything but he kept insisting that it's my fault and I should replace the tyre (sounds familiar?).

I got pissed and left. I called the dealer and got the agent to take a look at my tyres.

Just got a call from the agent yesterday, they're replacing the tyre for me FOC.

I'm not going back to this tyre shop ever again. It saddens me that a tyre shop I have been patronising for more than 10 years has this kind of sucky after sales service.

Patch Tyre

Euphoria;1075658 said:
At least you can patch your tyres.

Everytime I kena a puncture, my regular tyre shop always say cannot patch, must change tyre.

Recently, I spotted a slight swell on the side wall of my tyre. I went back and asked the boss to take a look. He took a look and straight away say I damaged it myself (there was a slight crack around 2-3mm). I told him I didn't recall hitting anything but he kept insisting that it's my fault and I should replace the tyre (sounds familiar?).

I got pissed and left. I called the dealer and got the agent to take a look at my tyres.

Just got a call from the agent yesterday, they're replacing the tyre for me FOC.

I'm not going back to this tyre shop ever again. It saddens me that a tyre shop I have been patronising for more than 10 years has this kind of sucky after sales service.

Which tyre shop is that?

A swell (or bubble) in the tyre wall sometimes indicates a material defect and the tyre usually fails within a short time. Good that you actually caught it, I had a catastrophic rupture on my Michelins on the expressway and it was a harrowing experience. Problem was traced to a similar sidewall defect in the end.

Euphoria;1075658 said:
Recently, I spotted a slight swell on the side wall of my tyre. I went back and asked the boss to take a look. He took a look and straight away say I damaged it myself (there was a slight crack around 2-3mm).

Cool! I had a similar experience with my Michelin PS2 tires before but I kwai kwai change to a new set of tires when the tire shop asked me to. :errrrrrr:

Mine punctured today ...... Got it patched it for free.

Rear tire pressure dropped from 250 to 210.

Traction actually improved.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
may88kiwi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back