Petrol for 2009 318i

V6ENGINE

Dear all,

i am wondering if i continue to use 92ron petrol, will it cause my engine to kaput?

Re: Petrol for 2009 318i

V6ENGINE;536540 said:
Dear all,

i am wondering if i continue to use 92ron petrol, will it cause my engine to kaput?
Since ur r driving an ultimate driving machine, why save on petrol? Use vpower or 98. My old Sunny also use 98.

Anyway, check user manual which is most likely in glovebox.

davidtch;536545 said:
Since ur r driving an ultimate driving machine, why save on petrol? Use vpower or 98. My old Sunny also use 98.

Anyway, check user manual which is most likely in glovebox.
thanks mate. i am not saving. just that i have been using 92 for many years ..probally more than 8 years hahahaha so was abit worried when i change to this car. anyway thanks for your advice.

I have tested 92 RON and it is the worst petrol for any car. They should make it a criminal offence for anyone caught buying it. :)

Seriously, my car experienced lots of knocking when I tested a full tank some time back. Switched back to 95 immediately.

Dear Pengful,

well i ws driving the cefiro v6 and civic vti and was using the RON 92 for about 8 years. i did not experience knocks but off course its abit sluggish. Howveer when i tried it on my wife's jazz, obvious knocks was experienced. But i will definetly heed your advice to take the RON 95 FOR MY BMW. Thanks Bro. :chinese:

Use Ron 98 & definitely no knock. If one to drive like Ah Beng Driver, use V-power. Best in Singapore, JB & some say Batam.:offtopic:

V6ENGINE;537712 said:
Dear Pengful,

well i ws driving the cefiro v6 and civic vti and was using the RON 92 for about 8 years. i did not experience knocks but off course its abit sluggish. Howveer when i tried it on my wife's jazz, obvious knocks was experienced. But i will definetly heed your advice to take the RON 95 FOR MY BMW. Thanks Bro. :chinese:

I cannot believe the co-incidence. I was also driving a Cefiro (A33) then changed to a Civic (FD1) and now E90. It was sluggish on my Cefiro but definitely knocking on my Civic. I don't want to take chances with my bimmer. 95 should be the minimum as no point saving on 92.

pengful;538034 said:
I cannot believe the co-incidence. I was also driving a Cefiro (A33) then changed to a Civic (FD1) and now E90. It was sluggish on my Cefiro but definitely knocking on my Civic. I don't want to take chances with my bimmer. 95 should be the minimum as no point saving on 92.
HAHAHAH really small world ...yap real coincidence i was driving the last version of cefiro j31 i think and previously is the vti which i forgot what code. True, i will change to ron 95 for my e90 and my wife's jazz. Maybe i can join you guys in one of the meetups but i am not a person who mob cars. always just drive stock. gettign old...hehehehhe

Hi guys,

Does your engine knock when on 95?
Mine knocks once a while, like few clicking sound when moving off even when on 98 therefore dare not go with 95.

Jason8822;538199 said:
Hi guys,

Does your engine knock when on 95?
Mine knocks once a while, like few clicking sound when moving off even when on 98 therefore dare not go with 95.

Nope. Your problem may be a timing problem.

V6ENGINE;538099 said:
HAHAHAH really small world ...yap real coincidence i was driving the last version of cefiro j31 i think and previously is the vti which i forgot what code. True, i will change to ron 95 for my e90 and my wife's jazz. Maybe i can join you guys in one of the meetups but i am not a person who mob cars. always just drive stock. gettign old...hehehehhe

There is a meetup this Sunday. Check events folder.

for my ride, i used 98, it was good and lively engine.

tried 95 before, engine quieter but lesser power when needed

tried v-power, very good and now use v-power only, shell got promotion, every weekend fortnightly, 7-11pm, v-power same price as their 98.

pengful;538227 said:
Nope. Your problem may be a timing problem.

ya lor, i think so too
but if i'm to rectify it, i would likely end up with less power right?
so i think there's a bit to sacrifice here

Samuel Tan See Teng;538232 said:
for my ride, i used 98, it was good and lively engine.

tried 95 before, engine quieter but lesser power when needed

tried v-power, very good and now use v-power only, shell got promotion, every weekend fortnightly, 7-11pm, v-power same price as their 98.

+1 ... v power shiok.....
got promo pump v power, no promo pump 98

pengful;538228 said:
There is a meetup this Sunday. Check events folder.
Dear Bro Pengful,

not this month for me. I just bought my car not too long back; then gt a house then bought some furniture. so if you can imagine all the stuff and appts are killing all my time. Only time i have is when night falls and i can have abit of free time to post here for this month till i settle all my stuffs. pls accept my sincere apologies.

V6ENGINE;538099 said:

The previous gen of Civic VTI ES5? I think min of RON95 for this Civic, 92 wd produce knocking on this model.

I'm currently driving a '09 318i, I;m using min of 95, no knocking and pretty smooth n quiet. 98 or V-power wd the best, and a good roar....other than having a hefty petrol bill end of the month.

Cheers

beembeem;540240 said:
The previous gen of Civic VTI ES5? I think min of RON95 for this Civic, 92 wd produce knocking on this model.

I'm currently driving a '09 318i, I;m using min of 95, no knocking and pretty smooth n quiet. 98 or V-power wd the best, and a good roar....other than having a hefty petrol bill end of the month.

Cheers
I am not sure i experienced what u experience. when i was driving the VTI (big eyes), i always pump 92. Not a great power but at least no knocking. Yes, i am going on 95, higher octane ones are ex and i do not see a need for them anyway.

V6ENGINE;540365 said:
I am not sure i experienced what u experience. when i was driving the VTI (big eyes), i always pump 92. Not a great power but at least no knocking. Yes, i am going on 95, higher octane ones are ex and i do not see a need for them anyway.
The diff btw 95 & 98 is 8.3 cents/liter. 1 full tank (70 liters) = $5.8.

at least 95........................................not 92

cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fun88141
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back