• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

PI dealer has the right to void warranty upon transfer of ownership??

wkwlb

As stated in tittle, my car is from Vincar and warranty service by MBM wheelpower. The guy at MBM told me this and the sales guy from Vincar confirmed. Is this normal conduct from PI or I am just being ripped off?

Re: PI dealer has the right to void warranty upon transfer of ownership??

sounds like u are being ripped off

Nothing unusual.... They will say all stated in the agreement...
My evo was warrenty under TWM. My air con compressor got prob, i went back.
They tell me cos of i did servicing outside, they void it. I was tinking what the heck servicing got to do with air con!!!!!???? My previous car from agent, they also nvr void me when i did servicing outside. They even replace my suspension for me when spoilt!!!
Anyway , what the heck..........

warranty should follow the car, not the owner....it can't be that u must be tied down as the owner for the next couple of years in order for a warranty to be valid.
very illogical and unfair reasoning to any car buyer out there....ya, and also irresponsible cos warranty is part n parcel of buying a car.
if like that, might as well ask to discount out the few years worth of warranty and get our own workshop cover liao...haha

sounds like they are using every available excuse to wriggle out of a responsibility.

Any bros buying 2nd hand car from PI experienced this? What did you do?

I am going to complaint to CASE and BMW Asia to see the outcome.

Btw, I discovered about the warranty status when I took the car to MBM to solve a electric window problem, it goes stuck when coming up, need to lift the button multiple times to close the window. The MBM tech kept the car there for 4 hours, cannot solve the problem, then told me window motor weak, needs replacing but no warranty, have to pay parts and labor blah blah. I didn't buy their words, went back and googled, then solved the problem with recalibrating the window motor, 10 secs job, only needs 1 finger to do.. WTH!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

wkwlb;623802 said:
Btw, I discovered about the warranty status when I took the car to MBM to solve a electric window problem, it goes stuck when coming up, need to lift the button multiple times to close the window. The MBM tech kept the car there for 4 hours, cannot solve the problem, then told me window motor weak, needs replacing but no warranty, have to pay parts and labor blah blah. I didn't buy their words, went back and googled, then solved the problem with recalibrating the window motor, 10 secs job, only needs 1 finger to do.. WTH!!!

haha... i thought this happens at AD only?:errr:

its like that at alot of workshops...the time taken to troubleshoot VS just replace with a new part, they tend to take the easy way out cos they aint the one paying anyway.

warranty tied to the car. if the previous owner "violated" AD or PI T&C or service guideline then 2nd owner kena fly kite liao.

MBM is notorious...u can buy from vincar,but u must ask them to get warranty from other reputable workshop,they cld do that, but at a little higher cost, but definitely worth it

sszone;623799 said:
warranty should follow the car, not the owner....it can't be that u must be tied down as the owner for the next couple of years in order for a warranty to be valid.
very illogical and unfair reasoning to any car buyer out there....ya, and also irresponsible cos warranty is part n parcel of buying a car.
Unfortunately, sometimes "should" and reality do not go hand in hand.

I have a different take on the warranty issue. Suppose A sells X to B. A gives B a warranty. There is a contractual agreement between A and B. Subsequently B re-sells X to C. Is there any contractual agreement between A and C? Does A have any legal obligations to C? Does C have a legal recourse to A? Is this how PIs work?

ADs would probably honour the warranty to subsequent buyers. The warranty costs are probably built into their selling price!

longhorn said:
I have a different take on the warranty issue. Suppose A sells X to B. A gives B a warranty. There is a contractual agreement between A and B. Subsequently B re-sells X to C. Is there any contractual agreement between A and C? Does A have any legal obligations to C? Does C have a legal recourse to A? Is this how PIs work?

ADs would probably honour the warranty to subsequent buyers. The warranty costs are probably built into their selling price!
What I understand is this - unless the sale is transacted through the Vincar, the warranty cannot be transferred. Check the agreement signed between the first owner and Vincar. Talk to Vincar and see what can be done.

As for MBM, they are just a workshop taking instructions from its importers. They cannot be blamed for no authorisation given to work on a car by Vincar.

when i brought my used ride, the car still have TWM warranty and when i brought it over, i've to pay $50 for the transfer of ownership in order to have the warranty valid.

matrock;623845 said:
MBM is notorious...u can buy from vincar,but u must ask them to get warranty from other reputable workshop,they cld do that, but at a little higher cost, but definitely worth it

care to share why MBM is notorious?

I suggest the owner to give Vincar a call to clarify. Reach for Ivan at 9843 1119.

At times, the warranty was already void by the first owner (mods, no servicing at designated workshops)..... this could happened to AD car too.......

Unless the car has over 100k or passed the 3yr mark, i have never heard of warranty voided due to transfer of ownership....what a #@#!

wow, i have the same issue with mbm last week..

Just bought my 2009 used car from a direct buyer, was promised of 3yrs warranty from ex-owner, went to mbm last week to fix my jerking problem, was told my is warranty void becos of ownership tranfer. Was so pissed, but luckily its only spark plug issue, if its gearbox problem how???

The car was bought from PI Lay Auto at Toh Guan.

Can anyone advise, should i report Lay Auto or MBM to CASE?
I just wan my remaining one year warranty insured back.
Transfer of ownership will be void is not stated on the service booklet..

Felt so lousy buying a PI car now.. Ps help guys..

Devil666, why not check the black and white between Lay Auto and first owner?
If clearly stated that warranty not transferable, then probably it's the ex-owner's business liao. If this is the case, unless got black and white between u and him regarding the warranty, otherwise he can also deny responsibility.... Just my 2 cents worth....

Last edited by a moderator:

Again, like I have said, what can MBM do when Lay does not authorise the warranty claim? The issue lies in the warranty clause between the parallel importer and the first buyer. Check carefully if you are the second.

The same thing could have happened to an AD car. If warranty is voided because the first owner did some illegal mods, you think the AD will honour the warranty on the SAME car for the second owner? No chance.

The question is - how many check on the warranty terms with the agent/distributor before you buy the car?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scarlett3107
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back