Plasti Dip

dimebag

I'm looking to Plasti Dip the model badge (328i), stock 400M rims and maybe rocker panels on top of getting new gloss black kidney grilles, rear boot lid spoiler and diffuser.

Anyone have any experience to share on dipping their car? Much appreciated, thanks!

Re: Plasti Dip

I spray gun metal on my rim for a month liao, daily drive and nshighway journey is not a issue, the problem of plastidip was it cant afford any sharp egde impact and some one rubbing on edge.
If you just want matt white, clear, matt black go for armor all plasti shield, same material and effect , but cheaper and more content.

my grilles plastidipped still ok till now after many months.

Acutally it is convenient for use and peel, quite lasting too, survive under my karcher power washer.

Imagine if you dip whole car and someone itchy hand go peel off sectionly on each corner.....

Red_Bean_Bun;1063371 said:
Experience as in sending it to a workshop or doing it yourself ?

I was thinking of doing it myself since it is pretty easy to apply.

christopher ngo;1063406 said:
I spray gun metal on my rim for a month liao, daily drive and nshighway journey is not a issue, the problem of plastidip was it cant afford any sharp egde impact and some one rubbing on edge.
If you just want matt white, clear, matt black go for armor all plasti shield, same material and effect , but cheaper and more content.

Did you cover the wheels when you sprayed it? Also did you spray the inner part of the rims?

Mockngbrd;1063423 said:
my grilles plastidipped still ok till now after many months.

You removed you grilles before spraying?

There's a trick i learn was coat your tyre with tyre gel before spray. Then when you finish spray , just take brush to remove excess srpay.
I dont spray inside. If you can remove wheel to spray like me is best effect. Make sure you must control yourself dont overspray in 1 coat. Also dont spray under cool place, slightly warm on rim surface give better result.

Also, anyone tried plasti dipping their exhaust before? Wonder if it can withstand the heat...

christopher ngo;1063481 said:
There's a trick i learn was coat your tyre with tyre gel before spray. Then when you finish spray , just take brush to remove excess srpay.
I dont spray inside. If you can remove wheel to spray like me is best effect. Make sure you must control yourself dont overspray in 1 coat. Also dont spray under cool place, slightly warm on rim surface give better result.

Thanks for the tip! I saw on youtube that the dip is pretty easy to remove off the rubber after it dries off though. Yes i don't think i will be going through the trouble of removing the wheels. Have to cover up quite a bit though to make sure the inner parts do not get sprayed.

Red_Bean_Bun;1064930 said:
Ever considered plasti dip whole car ... Saw it on youtube ....

u nid to have a ws like place or garage n compressor to get even layers... limited colours

So goto a WS and borrow their equipment and start spraying ?

Good for black rides .....

casper77;1064932 said:
u nid to have a ws like place or garage n compressor to get even layers... limited colours

shld take hours.... actually the dip is not ez to remove.... tis could b funz if u have ur own garage...

pwnber;1064928 said:
Rims better to powder coat if you want them to las tmore than a few month

It'll definitely be but also more expensive. Plasti dip is dirt cheap (and removable)! Haha.

Red_Bean_Bun;1064930 said:
Ever considered plasti dip whole car ... Saw it on youtube ....

No as it's beautiful estoril blue! If my car was white/black i might get it coated to a blue similar to estoril blue.

casper77;1064943 said:
for small area like rims n badge can get the spray cans... jus for funz...

That's exactly what I'm gonna do!

Anyone tried dipping their exhaust before? I think i would want to do that as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lokhung247net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back