PML Extended Warranty

kevin

When I was PML yesterday, my SA introduced an extended warranty prog for my F10 N20. My current car is coming up to 2yrs and the cost for the warranty extension for another 2 yrs after my original 3yr warranty is about $4050 and 100k mileage whichever is lower. Covers even the shock absorbers but not brake pads, rotors and consumables.

Just wonder if it is worth the money to go for this extension. Any comments are welcomed. Anyone encountered major issues with their cars after 2 or 3 years of ownership?

Re: PML Extended Warranty

Did u enjoy the warranty service in the 1st place?

It depends on yourself, I can tell you extended warranty don't increase the car price by much (or at all) when selling secondhand.
- Are you intending to keep the car for another 3 years? If yes then I would cause I like peace of mind
- Is your car already problematic? (If the problems are bad better sell, if not can consider)
- Do you like to mod? This one is obvious.
- Do you want peace of mind :)

The older BMs we had usually show problems after 5 years, the heat here does the car no favors. PML would have done the math and calculated its still profit if they warranty your car till 5 years. You think about the questions and decide whats best for ya.

mercuryz;1099424 said:
It depends on yourself, I can tell you extended warranty don't increase the car price by much (or at all) when selling secondhand.
- Are you intending to keep the car for another 3 years? If yes then I would cause I like peace of mind
- Is your car already problematic? (If the problems are bad better sell, if not can consider)
- Do you like to mod? This one is obvious.
- Do you want peace of mind :)

The older BMs we had usually show problems after 5 years, the heat here does the car no favors. PML would have done the math and calculated its still profit if they warranty your car till 5 years. You think about the questions and decide whats best for ya.
For extended warranty, what's matter is whether GB & engine will uplorry or not?

The rest is just part of ownership experience of BMW. If cannot take it (of course not you), should sell after 3 yrs. No pt holding on.

extended 2yrs with mileage above 100k is worth!!! below no point

very expensive....seriously, i doubt you will be so suai to have big ticket item going before 100k..

I remember last time the other dealer offered just a bit higher for 2 years extended warranty, INCLUSIVE full brake wear and tear, filters, engine oil...basically everything except tyres.

My car 3 year warranty expires in May 2015…the current mileage is 12,000kms. I am still contemplating if should get the extended warranty….

Hi Kevin
I have $3500 worth of PML vouchers with a validity of 1 year which was part of the deal when i bought the 5 series in July,
If you have any bills to settle with PML this vouchers can be used.I will be happy to offer you a 10% discount on the vouchers if you are keen.You can pass on the offer to anybody who is keen.If you're interested you can email me at [email protected]

Haha after the first first the OP disappear liao, and we discussed it over 2 pages long.

llkk;1100277 said:
Hi Kevin
I have $3500 worth of PML vouchers with a validity of 1 year which was part of the deal when i bought the 5 series in July,
If you have any bills to settle with PML this vouchers can be used.I will be happy to offer you a 10% discount on the vouchers if you are keen.You can pass on the offer to anybody who is keen.If you're interested you can email me at [email protected]
Is your voucher still available ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zowinat
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back