PML Offers for their defect car and customer service. Is it a good offer??

Hydro

After 4weeks of poor and lousy response by PML, they could only tell me that the car piston had broken and replaced a new engine. As this is the 2nd time the engine had blown and I am asking for compensation or to change for a 2nd hand car. This is their offer.

- Extended warranty of the car by 1 more year.
- 1 car SPA treatment
- 1 Oil Servicing

I want to know what are your views? Personally I think PML is very insincere and talking to them can vomit blood. They only response when I email to BMW Asia and cc to their BMW Chairman in Germany. WTF.....

Can anyone advise me what other compensation shd I ask? Seriously im not asking for the sky but the poor performance, reliability and safety is my concern. Thanks!

Re: PML Offers for their defect car and customer service. Is it a good offer??

can share more details like who you talk to, year and mileage of car etc

I can't help but agree with you the complete lack of sincerity and service level from PML. I had my fair share on a brand new car and after investing my time with them, I just decided to give up, accept the meager compensation that they offered (the amount they offered me is a disgrace and shows the complete lack of remorse) and start enjoying the car. I guess PML "won" this time round by just dragging their feet with everything but my time is too precious to follow up with them. However, like I mentioned, this is my first and last time with PML! Might not be a big deal to them but looking at the number of complains over the recent months, it will hit them one day.

Hydro;1096659 said:
After 4weeks of poor and lousy response by PML, they could only tell me that the car piston had broken and replaced a new engine. As this is the 2nd time the engine had blown and I am asking for compensation or to change for a 2nd hand car. This is their offer.

- 1 car SPA treatment
- 1 Oil Servicing

I want to know what are your views? Personally I think PML is very insincere and talking to them can vomit blood. They only response when I email to BMW Asia and cc to their BMW Chairman in Germany. WTF.....

Can anyone advise me what other compensation shd I ask? Seriously im not asking for the sky but the poor performance, reliability and safety is my concern. Thanks!

PML is a disgrace to a great car Marque. After they have sold you the car, after sales service is the least of their priority.

BMW Asia should consider another distributor.

I hope you have at least a courtesy car during the downtime.

Actually I don't see what is the problem...as long as they offer a courtesy car, then actually you got a good deal ma...

Change new engine, even if refurbished engine, is probably better than one on a 2nd hand car with unknown history?

Plus 1 more year of warranty extension...not fair meh?

How old is the car?

Hydro;1096659 said:
This is their offer.

- 1 car SPA treatment
- 1 Oil Servicing

It's a good offer. I would've taken it. PML never offered anything extra other than ensuring I have a courtesy car most of the time when they need a long time to repair my car. If no courtesy car, you can ask for taxi vouchers.

Your option is clear. Take the new engine and extended warranty or... suck thumb. Don't know why it is so difficult for you to decide.

The offer is lousy. My other ride's distributor gave me the following -

- courtesey ride (ensured its the same model)
- extended warranty by 1 more year
- added full rear entertainement system
- replaced the leather

And the problem with the ride ?

Battery drain warning and sometimes it cannot start in the morning. They found it was the aircon that is trying to dry the filter all night.

These guys protect their reputation at all costs ........

RBB, can PM me your other ride's model and distributor? Will consider them for my next ride.

LimPeh;1096755 said:
RBB, can PM me your other ride's model and distributor? Will consider them for my next ride.

Sent ......

TS - talk to them - blown pistons is a major defect that BMW AG ought to know about ......

my neighbour took pml to the courts and won... but now his entire family is not allow to purchase any bmw from PML as part of the settlement. :)

wow ... nevermind still got PI :thumbsup:

nivlac;1096762 said:
my neighbour took pml to the courts and won... but now his entire family is not allow to purchase any bmw from PML as part of the settlement. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

RBB 's other ride is Volvo or jag?

actually i think if got courtesy car throught the period of repair and extended warranty is fine. perhaps 2 yrs of warranty will be better. broken piston is not the fault of pml, is the manufactuer bmw instead. TS did not give any reason for nroken piston? normal driving also broken pistion is really manfacturing fault. get a brand new engine is good.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back