Porsche Cayman Trackers

Shaun

Trusted Sponsor
1 - 2 years ago there seemed to be quite a few Cayman guys tracking their cars but who have since disappeared. I hear Antoinette has stopped too?

Anyone know who currently tracks their Cayman or Cayman S or R? I no longer see any at TCC trackdays or even PCS trackdays. Find it strange because I see quite a lot on the roads and they look quite done up. Anyone know the guys in the Cayman community and the main reason they don't track anymore?

Re: Porsche Cayman Trackers

ok.. but what about the guys moving from other cars into caymans? None? but can't be cos I see quite a few on the roads. Must be none like tracking I suppose.. :(

If anyone has friends who like driving, who drive caymans, but have reservations about tracking somehow, please ask them what's holding them back... I'm curious to know. Thanks

Cos in contrast to the Caymans, I see a whole lot of 911 based range. Yet the Caymans have such great balance to them...

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaun;674001 said:
If anyone has friends who like driving, who drive caymans, but have reservations about tracking somehow, please ask them what's holding them back... I'm curious to know. Thanks

AFAIK, the EFI Caymans with the M97 engines have an issue with oil starvation and need a fair bit of work to be done to correct it. The DFI Caymans with the 9A1 engines on the other hand should have no problem flogging their cars on the track.

Hi TC, but the fixes cost a little but not too much in the scheme of tracking...just an additional pump to scavenge from front right, deeper oil sump, and accusump.

True, and with the power steering issue fixed as well, it should be a pretty nice car to track.

I went up with PCS road trip to Krabi last month (as a pax)

There were 3 Caymans in the group of about 21 cars.

IMO - I observed that the age group demographics and inclinations are somewhat different (specific to the group as a whole) and that could be the reason why breakfast drives and long trips have been organised i/o track days.

They drive just as fast + hard as the M boys - which I did with PML to Phuket.

I owned a Boxster S and Cayman S previously but never tracked them (I can almost qualify as a senior citizen)

Shaun;673823 said:
1 - 2 years ago there seemed to be quite a few Cayman guys tracking their cars but who have since disappeared. I hear Antoinette has stopped too?

Anyone know who currently tracks their Cayman or Cayman S or R? I no longer see any at TCC trackdays or even PCS trackdays. Find it strange because I see quite a lot on the roads and they look quite done up. Anyone know the guys in the Cayman community and the main reason they don't track anymore?

She is now driving the GT3 MkII

I still see some Caymans in PCS Trackdays but less than 5 for certain.
Mostly now are the GT3s and Turbos

TripleM;674469 said:
She is now driving the GT3 MkII

HEROINE

:inlove:

laptime?

Not sure haha... I ll ask nx time

AA definitely my HEROINE - one hand on the steering and the other on the manual gearshift and speaking on the intercom.

She was the lead convoy leader.

Last edited by a moderator:

no more cayman trackies cos they got smacked by the more excellent lambo drivers.

run away....

MYSTIC;674721 said:
AA definitely my HEROINE - one hand on the steering and the other on the manual gearshift and speaking on the intercom.

She was the lead convoy leader.

Respect! :thumbsup:

totoseow;674728 said:
no more cayman trackies cos they got smacked by the more excellent lambo drivers.

:eek:

no wonder people call you cocky!

Sausage cocktails

totoseow;674820 said:
they were referring to my body part size

ah that explains the context it was used in!

"That guy's cocky but not in a big way, just a small way - a tiny way. In fact most would consider it microscopic...some even atomic..."

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zowinfood
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back