Ppsl

mosmo23

Hi all, just curious on people's thought on whether the SA at PPSL comment about the below being a good deal, true or not?

Got a Dec 11 520i a couple of weeks ago - 6300k milleage, for 218k (after 7,800 disc) and also 2,800 service vouchers with a trade in of 09 TT - 20k milleage of 131,500.

She said that is the best she can do and already went so many times back and forth to her manager....

Could i have pushed more? margin on pre-owned not has high new cars?

Cheers

Re: Ppsl

Did they give u additional a year of warranty? Any flaws? Check everything below put downpayment. I am :goodup:also their client, overall happy with their service...:goodup:

if i buy used bmw, i will give PPSL 1st choice simply because used car dealer price is insane (eat water very deep)

mosmo23;874206 said:
Hi all, just curious on people's thought on whether the SA at PPSL comment about the below being a good deal, true or not?

Got a Dec 11 520i a couple of weeks ago - 6300k milleage, for 218k (after 7,800 disc) and also 2,800 service vouchers with a trade in of 09 TT - 20k milleage of 131,500.

She said that is the best she can do and already went so many times back and forth to her manager....

Could i have pushed more? margin on pre-owned not has high new cars?

Cheers

Its very hard to advise whether you got a good deal or not, unless you are able to find out their true cost for acquiring the car before marking it up and selling it to you.

As long you do a reference with other similiar models and age and the price you bought is around there, then it should be considered average price.

As long you have not been chopped carrot, just drive and enjoy your car.

If it is a management car .. less concern on the car history so a better buy. Pre-owned car has less discounts compared to new .. don't think will have a year extended warranty since it's less than a year old, but can try to bargain for it .. hopefully it comes with nice registration nos to boost up its resale value later :)

Depends on how much your 09 TT can fetch outside. Are they buying from you at market value?

For 218k, i can sell you my strawberry 523 highline for a bit more. And its a june 2011 PML car with low mileage..

Yes it's ex management car and don't have the extra 1 yr warranty given it is still within the 3 yrs period...

Yes TT apparently at market value though I'm sure they'll be able to still make a decent margin....but given its a lifestyle car, probably harder if I was to sell it directly...and didn't want to have the hassle...

Yes prob not far off from a June 11 523 highline...

Anyone know how much the 520i was back in Dec11??

So they are giving same discount as they are giving for the so called touring promo they are having now.... Like this, i should ask for 15k off their touring price now...

If management car, they will still make a bery decent profit on the car. You can work out tge profit margin based on the omv and coe

If I rem correctly, buyers of 520i paid ard 218k nett back in dec2011

Wow amazing..I thought so...so after counting for depreciation of around 7 months, the dealer was still able increase it due to current COE increments and not lose out and sell it the same price as in Dec 11....only in SG...

mosmo23;874868 said:
Yes it's ex management car and don't have the extra 1 yr warranty given it is still within the 3 yrs period...

Yes TT apparently at market value though I'm sure they'll be able to still make a decent margin....but given its a lifestyle car, probably harder if I was to sell it directly...and didn't want to have the hassle...

Yes prob not far off from a June 11 523 highline...

Anyone know how much the 520i was back in Dec11??

If you can confirm it's a BMW Asia management car, usually it comes with very good specs. Get a good price (reasonable lar) and enjoy the ride. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys. The last thing you want out of a car is a monkey licking a lemon.

I took a BMW Asia managment car two years ago too (six months old car) - E60 525LCI with a OMV of $65K. Very good specs. Especially good for the heart.

No such thing as the perfect car with the best specs and at the cheapest price. Nowadays, when I buy a car, I only pray to the Autobot god that he kept the fruit orchard away when my car was being assembled... last thing I would want is to pay 200-300K for a big, yellow, sour Ling-Mong.

market based pricing ... that's normal ... only in SG :)

mosmo23;874907 said:
Wow amazing..I thought so...so after counting for depreciation of around 7 months, the dealer was still able increase it due to current COE increments and not lose out and sell it the same price as in Dec 11....only in SG...

wobbles;874992 said:
No such thing as the perfect car with the best specs and at the cheapest price. Nowadays, when I buy a car, I only pray to the Autobot god that he kept the fruit orchard away when my car was being assembled... last thing I would want is to pay 200-300K for a big, yellow, sour Ling-Mong.

Didnt your teacher taught you that if u are given ling-mong, make ling-mong-ned out of it?

MapleLeaf;875006 said:
Didnt your teacher taught you that if u are given ling-mong, make ling-mong-ned out of it?

No, Kung-Fu Shaolin Hero High Hand from Five Forest (武林高手) master teach me to use Buddha King Kong Lotus Dragon Slaying palm to bang table hard hard & get new (non-ling-mong) car from PML.... :lol2:

mosmo23;874907 said:

well if u r the owner of the car, what would u have done when u are selling it?

Ahwing;875262 said:
well if u r the owner of the car, what would u have done when u are selling it?

Make hay while the sun shines.

Like the time chio bu knocks on your car door at Tanjoing Rhu with an IT Contract to be signed....

It's amazing that car prices have gone up so much. I bought my E60 525i Highline from PPSL in Nov 2007 when the car was 6 months and less than 2,000km on the clock. It was registered to BMW Asia and I got it for 170K+, with 61K OMV. No trade-in though, as I managed to sell my old car for a better price than what PPSL was offering.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
new88comcom1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back