Preventive Replacements Suggestions?

hobbespq

Hello. Will be changing out my car's spring n struts to stock. Back then, bot the car used, that came with lowered spring on stock ... now the absorber, I think 'going' liao!
Since, I am changing all fours, plus all the both Engine and Tranny mounts - checking with bros/queens here - any other suggestions that I should look into replacing in advance: for a better, comfort handling ride!
Car is 740i w 113K todate. but, I think it is irrelevant for general feedback on the above topic.
Thanks ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello. Will be changing out my car's spring n struts to stock. Back then, bot the car used, that came with lowered spring on stock ... now the absorber, I think 'going' liao!
Since, I am changing all fours, plus all the both Engine and Tranny mounts - checking with bros/queens here - any other suggestions that I should look into replacing in advance: for a better, comfort handling ride!
Car is 740i w 113K todate. but, I think it is irrelevant for general feedback on the above topic.
Thanks ya!

At 113K, a lot of stuff are due to change, if not already done so.
spark plugs
ATF + pan
Rear Axle oil
valve gasket seals, just to name a few of the common stuff

Absorber will probably be the killer. Not too sure about G11 models, but for the F01, stock rear absorber is S$2K+GST a piece at ES alone! Not including the Air pump, which is another S$1K

Thanks ya!

Why don't you just send your car to a reputable workshop and tell them to do a full inspection. More effective and efficient that way.

Thanks guys...
yeah, I am more focus on seals and that rear axle(I missed that) a good call. rest are probably organic into regular maintenance.
Fortunately, the f01 is not dynamic stabilizer. the struts are 1K each per ES. phew...

What do you guys think of the need to change out the wishbone, tension struts, swings, track struts, etc...?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubvietnam
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back