Questions on Rental Commission.

franklkk

Hi all, I have a studio unit to rent. But, I don't know how much do I need to pay for the agent's commission. I was told there will be different commission for 1, 2 & 3 years lease. Can any bro here care to advice me. Beside, any other legal cost involve?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Questions on Rental Commission.

if i remembered correctly, it was 1/2 month comm for every 1 year signed

Thanks sszone. I also asked around & was told 1/2 com for 1 year. 2-3 years leasing is 1 mth com. Any bro can verify?

franklkk;813949 said:
Thanks sszone. I also asked around & was told 1/2 com for 1 year. 2-3 years leasing is 1 mth com. Any bro can verify?

its actually negotiable between you and the agent and his/her agency.....what i have mentioned was just market practice.

Noted. I will just follow market rate will not get wrong. If I give too low, no agent want to do my business than I "Seow Liao". :eek:(

It is standard 1/2 mth com for a year rental. 1mth com for 2years rental.
Some agent will ask 1mth for a year rental too (never try never know) . Best is to check 1st.

My previous agent fr ERA asked for a mth n i just paid.. :eek: until recently then make know by my new agent.. Haiz...

Cheers ~~ :)

tomace;814154 said:
It is standard 1/2 mth com for a year rental. 1mth com for 2years rental.
Some agent will ask 1mth for a year rental too (never try never know) . Best is to check 1st.

My previous agent fr ERA asked for a mth n i just paid.. :eek: until recently then make know by my new agent.. Haiz...

Cheers ~~ :)

I agreed with you. To check with the others before kanna chop carrot head. Now, I have will able to to nego with the agent how much I should pay for their commission.

So, am I right to say that no other legal cost incur liao right? :)

The other cost to bear is the agent commission GST.

franklkk;814352 said:
I agreed with you. To check with the others before kanna chop carrot head. Now, I have will able to to nego with the agent how much I should pay for their commission.

Hi

It is 1/2 a month for each year of lease signed.

You don't have to pay for legal fees if you do not enegage a lawyer to vet through the tenancy agreement.

Stamp duty will be borne by the tenant.

Sexytoy;815039 said:
Hi

It is 1/2 a month for each year of lease signed.

You don't have to pay for legal fees if you do not enegage a lawyer to vet through the tenancy agreement.

Stamp duty will be borne by the tenant.

Thanks bro.

Now I can hear what agents have to offer me. Hehehe

franklkk;814352 said:

Yes. No other cost except GST.

Cheers.. :)

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back