Questions: Servicing

Re: Questions: Servicing

Its got nothing to do with 'good quality'.

Higher heat and its required dissipation, with higher wear-and-tear are the two biggest enemies of TC engine designs, plus with more moving parts and more things to fail all adds up to the higher unreliability of TC engines.

Ever heard of heat soak? :twisted:

Need some advice here. Send my car in for brake fluid servicing because the servicing sign on OBC show up. SA told me engine oil also due for servicing next mth, suggest might as well do it today. 2hrs later, SA call, told me brake pad is down to 2mm, need to change all 4. For safety, I say ok again.

My question is, I had 1st engine oil change at 12k, now at 24k, I need another engine oil change? I thought 1st service is 12k and the next will be 31k? Another question is regards to brake pad. How long does bmw brake pad last? How come at 24k, brake pad only left 2mm thick? Hope some expert can advice. Anyway, already paid $1k+ for brake fluid, engine oil and brake pad change, got car back in half a day.

Hon;456001 said:
Need some advice here. Send my car in for brake fluid servicing because the servicing sign on OBC show up. SA told me engine oil also due for servicing next mth, suggest might as well do it today. 2hrs later, SA call, told me brake pad is down to 2mm, need to change all 4. For safety, I say ok again.

My question is, I had 1st engine oil change at 12k, now at 24k, I need another engine oil change? I thought 1st service is 12k and the next will be 31k? Another question is regards to brake pad. How long does bmw brake pad last? How come at 24k, brake pad only left 2mm thick? Hope some expert can advice. Anyway, already paid $1k+ for brake fluid, engine oil and brake pad change, got car back in half a day.

my front brake pads along with rotors were changed at abt 30+K. I cant remember the exact mileage but it was much more than 24k. I think a lot has to do with your driving pattern. I'm still on my original rear brake pads and rotors and my mileage is now abt 48k. R2D, Rod told me it still tahan some more the last time I serviced my car with him.

When my brake fluid was so called due for changing, I also went to R2D and Rod told me to save money & that the little bit of moisture won't affect my stopping performance unless i used my car to track, which I don't.

Greetings to one and all.
My ride's warranty is due to expiry in 2 months time. Is it true that PML demands payment for the warranty inspection ?
Appreciates your reply.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bk8dog

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back