Quick check about 6WB and OBD reading

SuperMario

1. Any F10 bros have experienced about upgraded retroffit 6WB and OBD reading different? Example: oil temp needle in middle supposed to be 120 degree but OBD reading only 110 degree?

2. Is it higher degree oil temp compare with local and UK spec? Most of local model old temp will slightly below middle but my oil temp needle is always in center?

Thanks.

Re: Quick check about 6WB and OBD reading

Mine is also always in the centre.... I assumed this was correct n normal

MW;1116899 said:
Mine is also always in the centre.... I assumed this was correct n normal

Thanks MW for your reply.

When driving high speed in NSHW, I saw my oil temp gauge very high about 3/4 and feel very scary. I have visited many different workshops to troubleshoot and change oil. It seem like everything (coolant, piping, water temp, radiator, fan, thermostats...) are functioning well. Only realized something funny like reading issue. Example: 6WB oil temp in center, it shall be 120 degree but actual OBD reading is about 110. Same concept meter at 3/4, actual reading is only 125 degree, and fan detected heat, so kick in high speed. And oil temp stable and slowly go down to 121 degree.

It is confused if only reading 6WB meter. Anyone has same experience? SG driving is normal and oil temp needle is always center.

Thank you.

Digital display buay zhoon unlike traditional needle gauges, so just look at OBC for more accurate readings. The 6WB is for showing off only haha

MW;1116902 said:
Digital display buay zhoon unlike traditional needle gauges, so just look at OBC for more accurate readings. The 6WB is for showing off only haha

Thanks. But I don't know the gap so much because 3/4 of oil temp, it caused me shock then quickly slow down. If this is the case, I'm relax liao. No wonder can't find out the issue. Ke Ke Ke.

Your 6wb coded properly ?

Was this a retrofit with a new or used cluster ?

Red_Bean_Bun;1116924 said:
Your 6wb coded properly ?

Was this a retrofit with a new or used cluster ?

Retrofit with a new. Coding I'm don't know. Others features are functioning well. But I don't know the speed whether got same gap issue. Initial I think to reinstall back the original and test again. Just want to ensure is not overheat issue. So far, engine no show engine overheat warming (hope oil sensor is still functioning). Someone told me engine overheat warning will display at 145 degree.

marcusrichard;1117141 said:
mine original fitted 6WD
needle always centre

Thanks bro. Needle centre is okay. Would it be increase 3/4 when you high speed but actually computer reading is much lower degree. Then it cause confuse.

drove for about 5 months... needle nvr above centre.
got wot n run 150km/h b4. temp ok

marcusrichard;1117173 said:
drove for about 5 months... needle nvr above centre.
got wot n run 150km/h b4. temp ok

Thanks bro. I encountered high speed (>150km/h) / aggressive with certain period and hot weather. SG safety driving is not an issue at all :)

Sorry safety first...

Actual oil temp needle is still higher compare with picture... Because I slow down and take picture.

May I know normally when you guys replace the water pump and themostat. I did do many research thru forum and Google. I just want to have some real example for F10 N55 engine. I'm thinking to replace my water pump and themostat with 62k mileage. No leak at all. And not sure whether can solve the problem.

Thanks for viewing and sharing.

Sharing experience with retrofit 6WB:

I encountered meter cluster oil temp needle reading issue with retrofit 6WB and caused confuse about car overheat. When I turn on 6WB digital reading is about 122 degree but oil temp needle can be reached very high between 5/8 and 3/4. Anyone with same experience with using retrofit 6WB?

Note: Normal SG drive my oil temp is between 100 - 115 degree, oil temp needle is always center. It is normal and healthy. Issue is only surface in NSHW with high speed and a distance.

Thanks for viewing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegas79download

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back