R2D to my rescue

nikon

My car had developed a sudden and erratic jerk when stationery. The car would lurch at times. I drove straight to R2D, met Rod and he quickly set off with me with his scan tool for an hour’s worth of testing to determine the issue.

I am grateful to Rod for his commitment and quick service to respond to customer needs. Not many know that he just recovered from a pretty serious leg injury. Yet his energy level is high whenever we seek his help.

Worrying phenomenon - before leaving the garage, another chap in a e90 pulled up. Asked many questions. Rod responded and the customer left. Later I found out this chap was a repeat walk-in (who had yet to spend a dollar at R2D) who has done this many times. Coming in asking for quotes etc. For a gasket leak issue. For aircon compressor issues. Rod usually gave him a break down of costs. I asked him how much time in total was spent identifying problems and Rod held back his comment.

Now please don't hate me guys but many car owners go to the best out there asking for professional opinion and only to go elsewhere cheaper to do the job. Is this a new phenomenon? Where does this leave the real professionals and those with the above average know how who have assisted? Buying parts and going elsewhere is going to seriously put a dent on real pro workshops.

Guys, lets support this vendor for the many customers that he has saved from spending thousands. Yes, I appreciate him.

Re: R2D to my rescue

Rod... always love talking to him. He may be abit blunt at times, but the truth is the truth.

BTW the uncle... I presume is Rod's father... you don't see him like quiet quiet passive passive. He rocks. After he bed in my brake pads my car never squealed a single bit.

Yes dun be a kiam kana. Rod is not a carrot chopper. He earns his keep. He does things most of the time for passion n not really for profit but remember he has to pay rent, bills, salaries etc so dun just go there, expect free diagnostics or service and then go elsewhere to do it. If u wan free advice and go to him and take up his time, please..FCUK OFF.

Its fine, we can skin him for bbq.

nikon said:
Worrying phenomenon - before leaving the garage, another chap in a e90 pulled up. Asked many questions. Rod responded and the customer left. Later I found out this chap was a repeat walk-in (who had yet to spend a dollar at R2D) who has done this many times. Coming in asking for quotes etc. For a gasket leak issue. For aircon compressor issues. Rod usually gave him a break down of costs. I asked him how much time in total was spent identifying problems and Rod held back his comment.

Now please don't hate me guys but many car owners go to the best out there asking for professional opinion and only to go elsewhere cheaper to do the job. Is this a new phenomenon? Where does this leave the real professionals and those with the above average know how who have assisted? Buying parts and going elsewhere is going to seriously put a dent on real pro workshops.

Worrying? This has been happening over the last few years !!!

Cheapo mentality masked by the badge - asked lots of technical questions but the gist of the decision is about cost savings - from car maintenance to repairs to tyre selection. Very pathetic behaviour.

Worse, these jokers will boast about their "knowledge" about "good deals" in forums and small meetups.

In short, please do not take advantage of a workshop operator like Rod. He is too nice to some clients and prospects.

I heard too many horror stories.....

kenntona;1054060 said:
Worrying? This has been happening over the last few years !!!

Cheapo mentality masked by the badge - asked lots of technical questions but the gist of the decision is about cost savings - from car maintenance to repairs to tyre selection. Very pathetic behaviour.

Worse, these jokers will boast about their "knowledge" about "good deals" in forums and small meetups.

Best deal is sending car to R2D.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubetsbs1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back