Re-Furnishing of Interior Trim

Re: Re-Furnishing of Interior Trim

Inactive80;1026445 said:
Bro, pardon me. Maybe I did not do my homework properly. The price quoted is based on what I find it the website.
No need pardon lah. Was using your post to complain about not enough shops here in SG offering CF services so we stuck to 1 reputable but expensive shop :(

Inactive80;1026383 said:
Just to share with others whom do not know of such ways to re-furnish old and dull interior trim for E90.

I bought my E90 (Pre-FL) few months back except that the exterior which has been re-spray by the car-dealer. The
interior is not to my satisfaction.

The interim is dull with scratched marks contributed by previous owner. I look high and low for the replacement that
I was told not cheap ie changing to quality CF will cost $1000 to $2000 (depend on quality). With 3 years life span for
my model of car, I felt not necessary to waste such money. I went to few sticker shops but some told me either they
have not done on E90 before or I have to get a WS to un-install and install the interim trim for me ie additional cost.
I also tried to re-spray the interim trim myself (save money) but the final result was not to my satisfaction. To rectify
my horrible spray result, I check with few spray shops who is charging $400-$800 to re-spray the 7 pieces of interior
trim.

Just when I opt for re-spray, I was fortunate to meet a brother who is driving a 6 series who has got his interior done
up nicely. I was so impressed that I asked him to introduce me the sticker shop.

I have done my interior trim at the accessories shop and I am very satisfied with the quality of sticker and their service.
They un-install and install the interior trim professionally. Not forgetting, they fit my budget for cost constraint person
like me. Now when light shine on my interior trim, it will sparkle.

Pictures below for reference.

View attachment 54025

Just one comment, some of the edges look a bit wrinkled (especially the sides of the wrap on the gearknob) or "floating" around the corner. Spoils what is overall a fantastic mod. Most installers will be able to help.

When I DIYed my stickers, I used a hair dryer and a lighter for tight corners like those on the steering wheel buttons and the /m emblem. The sticker will become soft and blend onto the surface, hence avoiding the wrinkling and problem with corners. But do ask your shop if the material you bought can withstand the heat first before you try to correct it.

Good luck and happy modding.

Last edited by a moderator:

seanskye;1026655 said:
Just one comment, some of the edges look a bit wrinkled (especially the sides of the wrap on the gearknob) or "floating" around the corner. Spoils what is overall a fantastic mod. Most installers will be able to help.

When I DIYed my stickers, I used a hair dryer and a lighter for tight corners like those on the steering wheel buttons and the /m emblem. The sticker will become soft and blend onto the surface, hence avoiding the wrinkling and problem with corners. But do ask your shop if the material you bought can withstand the heat first before you try to correct it.

Good luck and happy modding.

Bro, thank you for highlighting. I only noticed the wrinkle after uploading the picture. I have communicated with the shop and they will rectify. In any case, they done the gear knob for me foc as I also intend to change to those LED type. The sticker can withstand high temperature because I have also done on the exterior door "panel", so far so good, no bubbles. I also intend to paste on the eye lid at the head light. I will post picture on the door panel soon.

Mod is very poisonous, once start cannot stop.

Hi Inactive80,
can share the shop name, add and damage?
Thanks.

JuzMe;1026572 said:
No need pardon lah. Was using your post to complain about not enough shops here in SG offering CF services so we stuck to 1 reputable but expensive shop :(

Agree with you, Bro.

The wrap on the auto shift lever not very well done leh..

pengful;1026975 said:
The wrap on the auto shift lever not very well done leh..

Bro, I realised the wrinkle only after uploading the pictures. I have contacted them to rectify. If we see it from another angle, it might be a blessing so that other bros can take note and highlights to them on the spot before leaving. So they will not make a 2nd trip like me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slotgacor88507

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back