just for ur reference
i just got a 2nd hand 318 valvetronic last thur
reg at 29/12/02,
dep for mine is at $8.6k/yr
65% parf..

parf for 02' cars are abit tricky some is 80% others is 65%

my fren bought a 318 valvetronic, reg 04/02, this week
parf 80%..
dep is abt $9k to $9.2k due to lots of accessoirs throw in..

depend on wat u like ..

the rest of e qns i cant answer u :)

Re: Newbie Qn on buying used 318i

geniusidler said:
Hi ppl,

Chance upon this wesite when searching used BMW for sale. Great site I must say. :)

Wanted to buy a used BMW 318 and was hoping if you folks can help to shed some light:

1. What is the average annual depreciation for a 318?
2. If a car is registered in Sept 02, is the PARF value calculated as 50% x 130% x OMV?
3. If the warranty with PML expires, do I have the option to extend? If yes, what is the cost?
4. Is it true that all BMW will need to be serviced by workshop with specialized equipments?

Still comtemplating whether to take the plunge or settle for a new Camry instead. :thinking:

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
WT

Hello WT,

Welcome to the Forum and I hope that u will find all the answers here!

Guess I'll answer No.4, since your car is used, u can definitely use other workshops and there are a couple that we frequent. Its all in this page: http://bmw-sg.com/forums/workshops.php

Cheers! :wavey:

i personally feel it's quite ex compare to mine...

my car come wif sport edition kit, 18" sports rim, low suspension, m3 mirrors, sound sys is done up :)

but it's up to indiv... if u like it go for it :)

Dep per yr depend on a lots of factors such as mileage, accessories, cond of car,color etc.
Generally, std stock 318 now can range fm $8k to $8.5k depending, esp the price gap is even clearer after their warranty period.
i got mine in apr 2004 and dep/yr is $8.6k, come to think of it now, a bit high but at that pt of time, it was the best offer to me.

Dealer normally will purchase at less than 8k/Yr and obviously drive up the price upon resale. direct owner transaction will be gd if you have lobang :)

the rest will be very personal liao :thinking:

mengz said:
i personally feel it's quite ex compare to mine...

my car come wif sport edition kit, 18" sports rim, low suspension, m3 mirrors, sound sys is done up :)

but it's up to indiv... if u like it go for it :)

Wow, that indeed sounds like a better deal in comparison. Looks like I will need to maintain my patience and continue searching.. The hunt is on!!. 8)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dizzy-dave
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back