read if have spacers on .....

Re: read if have spacers on .....

Quite understandable as autocrossing puts huge amounts of stress to the drivetrain, suspension and wheels. Spacers could add to the cause of the cracking wheels. I doubt everyday driving would do that though.

But I always avoid spacers. It just doesn't feel good that there are tremendous forces acting on a thin piece of metal between the wheels and the hub...

seems that it happen to 10mm and 12mm spacers but on anything more than 12mm it seems fine as it is thicker and stronger....

looks like i have to take out my spacers before something happens....touch wood.....

but i believe a lot of trackies did have spacers on their car, anyone to comment if they face similar problem?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Hmm...my 10mm BBS spacers should be of good quality right :thinking:

chickenbackside;159629 said:
Quite understandable as autocrossing puts huge amounts of stress to the drivetrain, suspension and wheels. Spacers could add to the cause of the cracking wheels. I doubt everyday driving would do that though.

But I always avoid spacers. It just doesn't feel good that there are tremendous forces acting on a thin piece of metal between the wheels and the hub...

what cbs says is right.....there are tremendous forces on the spacers and the wheels and the hub, i believe we are not light throttle sunday drivers....esp if u drive like mata chia beng....:OTpolis:

como;159638 said:
....esp if u drive like mata chia beng....:OTpolis:

U dont laugh at me. we all sama sama one. If u buy a BMW and drives like a bus driver, might as well take MRT/SBS buses.

Ok serious one, I was driving like a matachia last w/e on NS highway. Tonight I go home check check my spacer.

I tracked twice with spacers on ( front ) before, no problem whatsover.

P.S. Are spacers what you use to widen the gap between the wheels and the arc?

Sori lah... "Spacer" virgin, but interested in breaking my virginity!!

caesarsalad;172021 said:
P.S. Are spacers what you use to widen the gap between the wheels and the arc?

Sori lah... "Spacer" virgin, but interested in breaking my virginity!!

Not to widen, but to narrow the gap. In other words, spacers push your wheels out, so that they are nearer to your fenders...

I've tracked my car 3 times with front & rear mounted with RE spacers!!

Still swee swee!!

Sometimes, it's just 1 set of spacers with problems. then all go hyper about it......relack lah....

'The Great White'

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back