Really need your help: Malaysian vehicle incident, Workshops won't do 3rd party! Help

Pauly523

Bros, I really need your kind input.

Yesterday my vehicle was parked at The Sail condo and I received a call from carpark management that a visitor was looking for me. He had gone down to admit he had hit my car and thus was looking for the owner of vehicle license plate number.

I went down, spoke with him. He offered to pay for damages or claim via his insurer. The damage is slight, a damaged bumper below the right head light. I went to Munich Auto the quote came out to S$5,6++ for replacement of bumper, respray, replacement of parking sensor and replacement of headlight.

The guy heard the $5.6k damage, told me to proceed claim against his insurer.

I have witness from the Sail management plus CCTV footage. Plus the Malaysian is quite keen to make do. However, his insurer told him to "Leave everything" to them.

Munich Auto has rejected my car for repair saying that they do not do 3rd party claim against Malaysian vehicle. I have contacted many workshops recommended to me by my insurer as well as Munich Auto but none willing to do 3rd party claim against Malaysian.

The only one that willing to do is asking me to get a hell lot of documentation from the Malaysian fella before he will entertain me. I become like a full time insurance agent, have to go ask for copy of that guy police report, LTA permit and copies of documents that either will take very long to get or just too troublesome.

My insurer now is asking me to claim against my own damage, which will affect my NCD. THis appears to be the only way that I can quickly get my car fixed.

Anyone got advise or any kind workshop willing to help me out?

I am abit disappointed with Munich Auto. I've been using them to service my car and when I'm in trouble, they are the first workshop I ran down to. The moment they hear it is 3rd party against Malaysian car, all run.
They did try calling 2-3 workshops but after that they left me on my own. I'm really frustrated with this entire episode, sigh.

Re: Really need your help: Malaysian vehicle incident, Workshops won't do 3rd party!

Perhaps someone should also address the issue to LTA - why allow Malaysian cars to be on local roads if insurance cover is so dicey? Any claim-framework purported by authorities?

Re: Really need your help: Malaysian vehicle incident, Workshops won't do 3rd party!

Can Malaysian cars be on the road without insurance ?

Why replace so many parts if its just a slightly damaged bumper ?

Red_Bean_Bun;950871 said:

No

10char

It cannot get any more straight forward then this.

The Malaysian has made a police report in SG stating clearly that he hit my car and orders his insurer to pay.
His insurance is fully valid and he is the name of the insured.
The Malaysian (actually he is Singapore Citizen who is expat working in KL) has LTA approval to drive his vehicle in Singapore.

Now, even with all these, I am facing hell just getting my car fixed.

And it is ridiculous pricing to fix such damage. I'm sure a friendly workshop can do a quote at probably 1/5 the price.

MW said:
http://www.gia.org.sg/pdfs/Claim%20against%20Foreign%20Motorist.pdf

Fcuked up process and reinforces the view that Malaysian cars should not be allowed on Sg roads unless they have claimable insurance policies in Sg.. ditto for Sg cars going into Malaysia.. Fair

+1,000,000 !!!

I am gonna check with my insurance company on its stance.

I hope you all do. You paid premiums, don't you?

Pauly523, you are having it good already! The person who banged ur car actually co-operated! Other M'sian drivers might have just scooted off...

that is why, i always keep 2 extra car lengths instead of 3 if got malaysian car infront of me.
die die cannot hit them.

Quite true .... Kena a Malaysian bike hit my car's rear and biker fly through my car's rear windscreen recently - the claim process is crap.

MW;950874 said:
http://www.gia.org.sg/pdfs/Claim%20against%20Foreign%20Motorist.pdf

Fcuked up process and reinforces the view that Malaysian cars should not be allowed on Sg roads unless they have claimable insurance policies in Sg.. ditto for Sg cars going into Malaysia.. Fair

Darth Vader;950883 said:
that is why, i always keep 2 extra car lengths instead of 3 if got malaysian car infront of me.
die die cannot hit them.

what if they hit you? Happens ok

Red_Bean_Bun said:
er1cw said:

Who does the check?

Pauly523 said:
The Malaysian has made a police report in SG stating clearly that he hit my car and orders his insurer to pay. His insurance is fully valid and he is the name of the insured. The Malaysian (actually he is Singapore Citizen who is expat working in KL) has LTA approval to drive his vehicle in Singapore.

I just wonder if every case needs to be reported to the police in SG.

Pauly523 said:
And it is ridiculous pricing to fix such damage. I'm sure a friendly workshop can do a quote at probably 1/5 the price.

You sure can check with Mike of SWC for such claims.

The worse thing is I have topped up my Insurance to premium policy which freely allows me to fix my car at any workshop of my choice.

Now? I am sending my day calling up shady workshops with Malaysian links who are making it so tedious for me that I just feel like giving up and claiming against my own NCD.

My insurer will remove my NCD untill claims process is fully settled which I understand will take months or even years.

Still, what option do I have except to either claim against my own NCD vs wait for weeks before I get my car fixed? Obviously anyone with a job can't be full time settling this hassle. I would probably end up claiming against my own NCD (of which the workshops galore will be HAPPY to entertain me and charge $5.6k+). But I really feel so unjustified that I'm getting all this trouble and even financial loss for an incident which I bear no blame. Plus, I really wonder.. what's the use of Insurance? Why do I even upgrade? The insurer should be doing all these chores for me!

maybe JB workshop can handle the insurance claim ?

Pauly523;950879 said:

The Malaysian has made a police report in SG stating clearly that he hit my car and orders his insurer to pay.
The Malaysian (actually he is Singapore Citizen who is expat working in KL) has LTA approval to drive his vehicle in Singapore.

Goto SWC, replace parking sensor and send the guy the bill........headlights got damage ?

Pauly523;950879 said:

Headlight has scratch but at the bottom, close to the body of car. If polish up abit, from far won't be obvious. Bumper needs to replace but no damage to main body of car.

It is in my opinion quite light damage and probably if I am not Hiam can fix under S$1k but not perfect restoration..

Look, make it easier...if the process is going to be long and crappy and u may not even get your money back, and even if you do, but ur NCD is going to be reduced anyway...why don't you ask the Malaysian to pay half of the quoted sum in cash and forget abt the insurance claim? 5.6k too high for him to swallow, maybe 2-3k he might be ok..or even 2k...

You say can maybe fix at 1k of maybe 1k+..so still ok

Like I said, you are really having a "better" time than those who kenna banged and the Malaysian says "SUE ME LOR!"

repair it using your own pocket money?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back