Recommendations for Good window tint film

chiki1973

Recently just installed window tint film from Cool & Light, but having problems with it now.

After the 1st installation, there were very bad scratch marks on the film and the personnel from
Cool & Light suggested there's hard particles in the door panel/frame and asked me to go back PML to let them take a look. PML has done the checks and reported nothing found inside the door panels. Went back to Cool & Light and they changed the piece, out of goodwill, but said one time only. If it happens again, they can't change it FOC. 2 weeks later, same problem again so this time round, PML also checked and gave the same feedback.

Can't go back to Cool & Light liao, so can any one recommend a better quality brand of window film ?

Kam Sia

Re: Recommendations for Good window tint film

for sure you have something on the window rubber or bailey channel. Its not the film

does it happen on both windows? if not, then how can it be the film?

Did u allow it to cure for 24-48hrs before winding down the windows? I concur with Phil, it can't be the film as I am also on CnL tints and they held up perfectly for the past 1yr 3mths.

Bro, did you send your car for grooming? My C&L film was scratched by the groomer.

phil;354800 said:
for sure you have something on the window rubber or bailey channel. Its not the film

does it happen on both windows? if not, then how can it be the film?

It happens to both front windows (front passenger and driver). Did clean the window rubber
also.

Azrielsc;354812 said:
Did u allow it to cure for 24-48hrs before winding down the windows? I concur with Phil, it can't be the film as I am also on CnL tints and they held up perfectly for the past 1yr 3mths.

Waited for more than 48 hours before winding down windows. Am surprised also, cos my previous ride used Cool & Light and I had no probs with it, that's why went back to them for my new bimmer.

C3P0;354813 said:
Bro, did you send your car for grooming? My C&L film was scratched by the groomer.

I had my car groomed before having the films installed cos I was worried that might happen, now it seems that precaution didn't make a difference :(

Now at a dilemma, to replace the film or just leave it status quo............... :screwedu:

If the problem resurfaced 2 weeks after the 2nd installation, it means that the problem lies with something stuck in your window actuator and not the film?

show me a picture of the location of the scratch.

like we are all saying, its most likely something in the felt strip of the window rubber. This is 99% of the cause for window scratches.

phil;354836 said:
show me a picture of the location of the scratch.

like we are all saying, its most likely something in the felt strip of the window rubber. This is 99% of the cause for window scratches.

The scratch is actually in middle of window from top to bottom = 1 straight line scratch.

I suppose you are right in saying there could be something stuck at window rubber. Will go check it again. BTW, are all brands of window films so vulnerable to such incidents ? If it is so
then I will have to check the window rubbers more frequently.

Thanks...

window film is just that, film, so it will be scratched easily, no matter what brand it is. Even glass gets scratched sometimes

You have to remove the window felt to check it, door panel, everyhting off

phil;354851 said:
window film is just that, film, so it will be scratched easily, no matter what brand it is. Even glass gets scratched sometimes

You have to remove the window felt to check it, door panel, everyhting off

Hmm...ok....so does that mean I have to go back to PML to get them to remove the door panel again to check and also the window felt ?

I guess so!

the window may even be hitting the regulator like someone else mentioned. I just cant fathom it being the window film being a problem

Never had a problem with C&L film.

I was a bit more kiasee, and didn't wind down the windows for 3 days, and left it baking in the sun for two days.

Azrielsc;354957 said:
If possible, just tell PML to change the window felt!

Good idea ! Will call PML and get them to do just that.

TKS

i'm getting the same prob on my car, only its scratches ALL over the film. Not CnL film though, VKool.

I think the felt is the culprit. But the scratches are so bad, I don't understand how the felt got so dirty. I'm wondering if particles got in during the film installation. Any advice on how to clean the felt?

well guys i too got my tint from C&L,

well i had to go back 3 times to redo the tint at the back because the film kept dropping off!!! i was really annoyed as the Salesperson said that their product can stick onto the dotted areas, "no cutting required".no choice money already paid. Just as well, after the third visit i cannot tahan so i asked them to cut the top portion away.

anyways, i too saw scratches on the film on my second visit. Asked them to take a look. guess what, they said it was the windows that was scratched!!! AHHHHH, well i didn't see any scratches when i took delivery of the car, and being 2 weeks old, a scratch? inside the car???? honestly i am not putting the blame on them but the only thing was, it was a fine knife edged 'cut'. go figure.....

actually guys, it's not how the product works (that's individual choice and taste) but how good the workmanship and service of the company. even with the best tint, with careless and shitty workmanship some company provide, it's a wonder why their still operating...sigh...

jvhuiz;365972 said:
well guys i too got my tint from C&L,

well i had to go back 3 times to redo the tint at the back because the film kept dropping off!!! i was really annoyed as the Salesperson said that their product can stick onto the dotted areas, "no cutting required".

i'm surprised they told you it will stick to the dotted areas. So far, I've only heard people tell me that it won't stick to the dotted part.

jvhuiz;365972 said:
actually guys, it's not how the product works (that's individual choice and taste) but how good the workmanship and service of the company. even with the best tint, with careless and shitty workmanship some company provide, it's a wonder why their still operating...sigh...

Sorry to hear about your experience. Did you use the branch at Toh Guan? I've used them before, they weren't too bad, but that was a while back. So I can't vouch for the current workmanship.

I really feel for you. I am having problems with my current tint installation (not CnL). I ended up not just with damage to the interior, but particles trapped between the film and the glass. Best part? When I told them about it, they replied that the installation area is not a clean room, dust can't be helped. In my mind I kept thinking why don't they use their shop to collect old newspaper instead then.

To their credit, they said they would redo it. But i don't dare take that risk, in case something worse happens. I really never expected this standard from them. I might have been better off going to a franchise branch, cheaper too.

Next time I want to order my car with tint film as factory option.

The last you want happen is damage to yr brand new interior ... jvhuiz it is certainly an upsetting experience :angry: . Makes me think twice about subjecting mine to a tint treatment.

Has anyone tried 3M by UAS down at Boon Lay - is their workmanship good? They also do mobile installation, at a place of your choice - not sure if this is a good idea tho. :confused:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bk8dog

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back