Removal of cement on car paint

Drag00n

Hi all,

Anyone knows how to remove hardened cement from the car paintwork without destroying the paint??

Thanks thanks!!!

:)

Re: Removal of cement on car paint

try clay bar but ensure area well lubricated with water + car wash soap; should work amke sure you do not apply excessive pressure on the area though, whne using claybar.

Usually in my case, it comes off with plenty of soap and water used.

If still cannot... den i think must use "Man's Magic Liquid" .

desertfox65;310545 said:
try clay bar but ensure area well lubricated with water + car wash soap; should work amke sure you do not apply excessive pressure on the area though, whne using claybar.

I think worth giving that a try.............:)

claybar is your only hope. The cement can eat through the clearcoat so do it NOW. Claybar will not scratch your paint, but if you do see something come out, try to remove the something from the claybar and resume.

But my own experience, your chances are slim. it takes only 15 minutes for the cement water to eat through. After that respray.

centurion;310702 said:
claybar is your only hope. The cement can eat through the clearcoat so do it NOW. Claybar will not scratch your paint, but if you do see something come out, try to remove the something from the claybar and resume.

But my own experience, your chances are slim. it takes only 15 minutes for the cement water to eat through. After that respray.

15 mins!??!?!?! Hahahaha, looks like a respray for me.

I think its left there for 3 days

:oops:

I am sick and tired of getting sprayed with all kinds of gunk coming off lorries, usually after I have washed my car. There are some lorries that carry what looks like very wet cement (grey limestone stuff?) and the liquid just pours out of the back and if you are unlucky, your car gets covered in this mess.

My wife's car has some cement on the roof and I have been unable to remove it, it literally has dried on solid. This is unfair on car owners but nobody seems to care or regulate what is being transported other than having the load covered by uselss tarpaulines.

same as throwing a ciggie butt out the window hey!!

Two years ago, Town Council contractors re-surfaced a part of my estate's multi-storey car park. Cement floor was cracked, so they hacked and cement about a cm thick of it. Did not put any barricade to block the portion, so I drove right into it and my rear wheels skidded and drew a semi-circle scoop of cement out.

I sent my car to PML for clean-up and next day, replaced all four tyres. Town Council arranged for the contractor to settle the bill.

Todate, the marks made by my car is still there. Words went round, and no contractor wants to touch-up the carpark anymore.

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update on the status of the paint.

They have been removed by the paint shop guys, who are really nice. But I ask how they removed it, they said they just put lots of water and use their fingernails!!! I dunno if its true.

:nehnehhh:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
net8811com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back