Remus or Sepring or ACS exhaust on E46 2.2L FL 2002

johntan1338

Bros,

I understand you guys have gone thru this topics several times. But I cant get the conclusion.

I am changing my exhaust to a bassier, however, it seemed there are different school of thoughts here.

PML is having promotion this month for ACS, Autovox is having promotion for Sepring, Remus at FK is quoting me at S$1100.

I am looking at no loss of low torque , higher power is not impt but nice sound when you re inside the car..

Life's hard to make choices but one car one exhaust man!!

So please, I want to hear from people who had used the above(LTA compliant type) for real feedback.

Cheers mate!!

Re: Remus or Sepring or ACS exhaust on E46 2.2L FL 2002

johntan1338 said:
Bros,

I understand you guys have gone thru this topics several times. But I cant get the conclusion.

I am changing my exhaust to a bassier, however, it seemed there are different school of thoughts here.

PML is having promotion this month for ACS, Autovox is having promotion for Sepring, Remus at FK is quoting me at S$1100.

I am looking at no loss of low torque , higher power is not impt but nice sound when you re inside the car..

Life's hard to make choices but one car one exhaust man!!

So please, I want to hear from people who had used the above(LTA compliant type) for real feedback.

Cheers mate!!

hi Johntan1338,

Frm ur prices im guessing ur changing only the muffler, that being sed.. there will be no loss or gain only sound.. more bassier.
ACS has a pretty nice sound to it.. not as bassy as Remus i guess. Remus i think by far is the bassiest in the market (LTA APPROVED). Sepring is as good as remus too... slight diff, but im not sure if that's LTA APPROVED. There is also Supersprint which is also LTA APPROVED but not as bassy as the other 3 mentioned, BUT overall .. they're almost of the same IMHO. Unless u thinking of going straight thru or mid then the sound will prolly be around the same .. hope this helps u abit . Gd luck to finding "THE ONE". hahaha...

P/S: Come down to this months meet-up on sunday to view some of the bros that has change thier mufflers.

Cheers.

HI Shaaz,

Sepring is approved with docs, I went autovox yesterday and they have a simulator for Sepring, sounds ok. Bryton is so-so on the 530i as the customer's car was there.

You are right i'm only changing the muffler for now. I used to drive a Subaru impreza auto 5 years ago and I mod it and loss of power. Never touch auto with mod since then. BMW auto not tried yet, so you can says this is my first mod for my car.

Personally I am thinking of Remus as Sepring is new kid on block in Sin. Credibility and reliability is not thoroughly tested yet. Some guy posted to sell Remus 2nd hand but I called FK they says i need to get the cert and transfer of name to mine from Remus, otherwsie LTA cant approved.

No choice got to get new Remus frm FK at S$1100.. How come i saw differences prices some bros buy at different prices?

Where the meeting place bro?

Sound aside...the nicest tips IMO are the SuperSprint (staggered), fit nicely to the rear valance of your bumper and it's best if you also the MTechII bumper..

ACS tip looks like peanut shell shape
Remus very nice tips and embossed logo but too bad they aren't staggered

Superprint, as far as comments in this forum, they are more mellatic sounds. Looking for bassy. Thks mate.

johntan1338 said:
Superprint, as far as comments in this forum, they are more mellatic sounds. Looking for bassy. Thks mate.

John, those comments may be from 4 pot owners with the supersprint. I have had a supersprint on my 325 for two years now. The sound is aggressive and bassy, even more bassy than the remus on a 6 pot. Even my wife has become a convert since i got it.

ACS got promotion at PML meh? i was told by the parts department that the 25% discount only applies to BMW accessories and not ACS ones.

or is there some other promotion i'm not aware of?

Hi Remus,

That's the issue right now. Cant conclude which is better. yours a 2.5 and mine a 2.2. There may be difeerence as well between this 2. thks mate.

Louis, someone from the forum was saying the ACS is going about 1,4xx.00 including installation. and coincidentally Jun is the promotion.

johntan1338 said:

Supersprint on a 4 pot sounds metallic but it will give the bassy effect you're looking for on an inline 6. Remus will be more suitable for a 4 pot.

Thanks mate. Going down to FK and JC to see this morning. Thinking of going down to kallang this weeknd to look at the bros cars and check it out the differences.

What you driving SL2? GOing for a meeting now at mac, catch up wehn I'm back noon. Cheers mate.

:cloud9:

John,

I am interested to take a look at the Remus too for my E46 318i.

I'll be free today after work at about 1pm.

You ?

Feel free to contact me at 8188 8884.
Hope to see ya

Ben aka 8884

:helpp!:

johntan1338 said:
Hi Remus,

That's the issue right now. Cant conclude which is better. yours a 2.5 and mine a 2.2. There may be difeerence as well between this 2. thks mate.

Like SL2 said the difference between a six pot and another six pot is much smaller than the difference between a six pot and a four pot. Good luck with the muffler decision!

So which exhaust produces lower in-cabin drone at cruising speeds (about 2000-2500rpm)?

I sat in a car with Hiop exhaust once and thot it was quite subdued, but with a nice bassy tone. Anybody with opinions to share?

Thanks...

johntan1338 said:
Louis, someone from the forum was saying the ACS is going about 1,4xx.00 including installation. and coincidentally Jun is the promotion.

oic, well, good luck with the purchase then.

TO Louis:

Just call PML. ACS is going at $1645 nett(after discount), installation is 180. Last one available. I 'm still thinking, decision is to see the bros' cars tomorrow and hear the REAL thing!! I think the previous post is not valid.

8884, call you later mate.

Hi guys,

just want to inform you that I have purchased the Remus exhaust kit for $1,100 at FK.

I'll be waiting for the agent to issue me with some documents such as the certificate, etc.

After then I am supposed to go for an inspection.

Any guys out there with this experience, please share... What am I supposed to expect or is there any pit falls?

Thanks.

P.S. The exhaust system is very quiet now.... cannot get used to it.

Hi Ben,

I just took a nap and ur done with the exhaust. Well done mate!! Efficient!! How come quiet bro?? You shld be rocking now mate!!
One of the bros is selling 4th 2nd hand Remus exhaust to me, may join you 8884 on Remus depending on tomrw 'sound' check at Kallang man..

8884 said:
Hi guys,

just want to inform you that I have purchased the Remus exhaust kit for $1,100 at FK.

I'll be waiting for the agent to issue me with some documents such as the certificate, etc.

After then I am supposed to go for an inspection.

Any guys out there with this experience, please share... What am I supposed to expect or is there any pit falls?

Thanks.

P.S. The exhaust system is very quiet now.... cannot get used to it.

Keep the docs for as long as u own the exhaust...
Once u got the cert, bring it to LTA for inspection then you're done..
Congrats..

i'll show u my sebring at the meetup tomorrow and tell me if u like it. its awesome.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back